An excerpt from 'A Beautiful Disaster: Finding Hope in the Midst of Brokenness.'
August 19I Was Saved at Open Communion
August 18Singer in the City
August 15John Perkins: The Sin of Racism Made Ferguson Escalate So Quickly
August 14The Broken Beauty of the Global Church
August 13Alec Hill: Inside My Slavery
August 12Staying Alive in a Suicidal World
GleaningsImportant Developments in the Church and the World
- Aug 19,
Eli Lilly’s Church Claims JP Morgan Chase Mismanaged MillionsPastor-supporting philanthropist’s 'religious home' alleges it lost $13 million from bank’s big fees and bad investments.
- Aug 19,
Ebola Keeps Mercy Ships, African Evangelical Leaders Away from West Africa'This type of contagious situation is unprecedented' in past two decades, says medical ministry.
- Aug 14,
Worship Songwriter Vicky Beeching Comes Out as GayThe CCM worship world has its Jennifer Knapp moment.
- Aug 14,
Top UK Christian Singer Investigated for Alleged Sex Abuse at 1985 Billy Graham CrusadeSir Cliff Richard, who denies allegations as 'completely false,' is latest British celebrity affected by Jimmy Savile fallout.
- Today’s Lesson: Girls Rule, Boys DroolThe difference between playground chatter and harmful messages.
- Morning Roundup 8/20/14Robin Williams' Faith; Italian Evangelicals Wary; Human Progress Died
- Racial Reconciliation 2.0We are all called to the work of reconciliation. A guest post by Rudy Carrasco
- Staying Alive in a Suicidal WorldWill the body of Christ live up to its name to stem suicide?
- What We Talk About When We Talk About 'Birth Control'Meaningful debate requires us to define the terms of discussion.
- Water Works: Why Baptism Is EssentialSome churches say Baptism is optional, but the New Testament teaches it is integral to the life of faith.
- The GiverIt isn’t really a narrative that adapts well, because it isn’t really a narrative at all.
- Beyond the Echo Chamber on Gender RolesOur notion of male and female begins with a robust understanding of creation.