Take this test to see how much you know.
| posted 5/16/2007
Quick. Who wrote ? What does it mean to walk through the valley of the shadow of death? Who was Jehoshaphat? Can you answer questions like these? An increasing number of Christians can't. Or do you know more than you think you know? To help you find out, we have put together some short tests of Christian knowledge—some easy, some more difficult—about people, places, Bible verses, and writings.
Answers are given in at the end. With a little boning up, you will amaze yourself (and your friends) with your knowledge.
Test 1: Common Bible Sayings
- Am I my brother's _____?
- Daniel in the _____ den
- Do unto _____ as you would have them do unto you.
- Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we _____.
- A friend that sticks closer than a _____
- God so loved the _____ that he gave his only begotten son
- I am the _____, the truth, and the life.
- In my Father's _____ are many mansions.
- Land flowing with milk and _____
- Lay up for yourselves _____ in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt nor thieves break through and steal.
- _____ is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
- No _____ in the inn
- Now abideth faith, hope, _____, these three; but the greatest of these is _____.
- Suffer the little _____ to come unto me, and forbid them not.
- Turn the _____ cheek.
- Walk by _____, not by sight.
- _____ up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
- All we like _____ have gone astray.
- Be ye _____ of the word, and not hearers only.
- Create in me a clean _____, 0 God.
Test 2: In the Bible
- Name the first four books of the New Testament.
- In what book of the Bible is the Christmas story found, the version familiar to most people?
- What is another well-known name for "the Evil One"?
- In the Old Testament, who was turned into a pillar of salt?
- Name the first five books of the Old Testament.
- Who was Joseph's younger brother (the youngest son of Jacob)?
- What was the name of the daily food God provided as Moses led his people through the wilderness?
- Who was the first king of Israel?
- What town is known as the "City of David"?
- Name the wicked queen who wanted to kill Elijah.
- Jesus said that the greatest commandment is "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, … soul, … mind." What did he say the second greatest command is?
- Who was the man who wrestled with an angel at Peniel?
- What body of water parted for Moses?
Test 3: Common Bible Sayings
- Death, where is thy _____?
- Don't hide your _____ under a bushel.
- Gold, frankincense, and ______.
- I am come that they might have _____ and that they might have it more abundantly.
- I am the light of the _____.
- If_____ be for us, who can be against us?
- If ye love me, _____ my commandments.
- In the _____ God created the heavens and the earth.
- The just shall live by _____.
- Lead us not into _____, but deliver us from evil.
- Man shall not live by _____ alone, but by every word of God.
- A new commandment I give unto you, that ye ____one another.
- Our _____ who art in heaven …
- They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their _____.