Each year, Christianity Today honors outstanding books of special interest to the Christian community. In the January/February 2016 issue, CT will feature the best books published between November 1, 2014, and October 31, 2015, divided into categories according to subject and genre. The categories are:
- Biblical Studies
- Christian Living/Discipleship
- The Church/Pastoral Leadership
- Culture and the Arts
- International Relations/Global Affairs
- Missions/The Global Church
- Politics and Public Life
- Spiritual Formation
In addition to the main categories, we are offering two add-ons. For an additional $15, your titles can also be nominated in our special Her.meneutics category or our new Beautiful Orthodoxy category. (For $30, they can be nominated in both categories.)
- Her.meneutics is Christianity Today’s website for women, where our writers cover news, cultural analysis, and church trends from the perspective of Christian women. Learn more about Her.meneutics at ChristianityToday.com/women.
- “Beautiful Orthodoxy” is the core philosophy guiding CT’s ministry. It describes a mission, across all our publications, to proclaim the truth, beauty, and goodness of the gospel in a gracious, non-antagonistic tone. Learn more about the cause of Beautiful Orthodoxy from CT editor Mark Galli, in this essay and this interview.
Her.meneutics and Beautiful Orthodoxy are special add-on categories. Books nominated in these categories must have first been nominated in one of the 12 main categories. (Any book nominated in more than one category will be eligible to win more than once.)
What and How to Submit:
We are looking for both scholarly and trade works. A diverse panel of scholars, pastors, and other informed readers will evaluate the books. Publishers wishing to nominate books for the awards should:
- Fill out and submit a nomination form, noting the category for which the book is nominated. Please see the attached submission form. After filling out the form electronically, click submit and you will be prompted to save a copy to your computer (leave file name as is), send the form via e-mail to email@example.com, and print out a copy to send along with your check.
- Send a copy of each nominated book (galley copies are welcome if the book has not yet been published by the August 7, 2015, submission deadline). You may submit as many titles in each category as you wish at $30.00 per category. A book may be nominated in more than one category. Titles entered in multiple categories are eligible to win multiple awards. You cannot submit titles two years consecutively.
- Include one entry fee per book/category along with a copy of the submission form.
- There will be no refunds for your entries, so please be sure your submissions qualify for the correct publishing months and year.
Please enclose an entry fee of $30.00 for each title submitted in each category with an additional $15.00 add-on bonus for a title to be considered in our Her.meneutics category. Please include the check when you send the books. The check should be made payable to: Christianity Today Book Awards.
If your book is one of the four finalists for a category, we will contact you and ask that you send a copy of the book directly to our four (or five) judges in that category. We will provide their mailing addresses.
The deadline for nomination submissions is Friday, August 07, 2015.
Make check out to: Christianity Today Book Awards
Send nomination form, book(s), and entry fee to:
Christianity Today Book Awards
465 Gundersen Drive
Carol Stream, IL 60188