Guest / Limited Access /

On a Friday in January 2006, at home in Alpine, Utah, I received a phone call from my third son, Micah, that changed my life.

My family and I loved living in "Zion," the result of a decision that my husband, Michael, and I had made as ...

Displaying 1–20 of 244 comments.

1 2 3 4 5  …  13 next page

Wendy Maughan

February 28, 2014  11:21pm

I am glad Ms. Wilder found a more authentic relationship with Jesus Christ. It sounds like she was converted to Mormon Culture, not the Gospel of Christ. I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (Mormon), and I do not think that the ordinances save me, they are merely tools to help me remember Him and His commandments and opportunities to show my faith. I know my Savior personally, and He himself will refute anyone who argues with that. He is my best friend, my light in the wilderness, the source of my strength. I love reading the New Testament, the beautiful details of his life and ministry, and the counsel of Paul and the Apostles after his death. It makes me sad to think that, as a 'Mormon,' Ms. Wilder was blinded by her own personal interpretation of the gospel, so if leaving Mormon Culture is what it took for her to get personal with the Savior, then perhaps she is better off. God Bless. Peace to you all.

Linda Fiatoa

February 22, 2014  7:36am

You can keep removing it, but I will still keep posting it. Lynn Wilder is a liar, and I can't help but wonder how anyone can find inspiration in a bunch of lies.

Jacquieline Williams

February 20, 2014  10:04am

Thank you so much Lynn! After 20 years of walking with the Lord it still amazes me the how much the Lord deals with us in a very personal and individual way. Your story is so inspiring. Thank you!!

Ezra Paudyal

February 17, 2014  8:35am

Very interesting! Our God is great! He is real and does miracles! Praise be to the Almighty God!

Sarah B

February 11, 2014  10:32pm

Hi Elizabeth, I do read the Bible. Have a blessed day.

Elizabeth Samandi

February 10, 2014  10:36pm

I appeal to Sarah B to simply READ the Bible with an open mind. It is best to FIRST listen to what God says than to what people say. For one we shall ALL appear before God and He will judge us by what He says.No body speaks for the other before the almighty God.

Linda Fiatoa

February 06, 2014  4:55am

" I have not once asked you to follow MY word - only God's." I AM following GOD'S word. But since I'm not following your version of it, then, according to you, I'm not following God. So, yes, you are asking me to follow YOUR word. "You say I have no right to speak to you, but I do" You have no right to tell us what we believe, is what I think I said. "Christ Jesus commanded His disciples to take the Gospel to every person on the face of the earth" Which you are not doing. You are trashing MY faith in Christ. "He also spoke a terrible judgment on anyone who would add to or take away from His Word" Which, from our perspective, is what YOU are doing, taking away from His Word. "Mormon leaders have added SEVERAL books of false "scripture" to the Holy Bible, God's Word!" In your Humble Opinion. There is nothing in the Bible that says that THE BIBLE is all of God's Holy Word that He will ever give us.

Sarah B

January 31, 2014  3:34pm

I'm sorry Audrey. I've tried a couple times to respond, but my posts continue to be deleted. We'll have to agree that we both disagree with each other concerning the Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants and Pearl of Great Price and about Joseph Smith being a prophet. I however, do agree with you that God does not want any of us to perish, and that through the atonement of Jesus Christ, He has provided the means for us to repent. I wish you all the best. May God bless you and keep you.

audrey ruth

January 30, 2014  9:18pm

Sarah, I appreciate very much the lack of hostility in your posts. I hope you can understand why I cannot agree with you that any of the books of Mormonism are "every bit as sacred as the Bible." NO other book even comes close to being as sacred as the Holy Bible, and I'm sure you're aware that Mormonism degrades the Holy Bible while exalting their false scriptures - false because they are claimed to be not only equal with the Holy Bible (that would be plenty bad enough), but even superior. Because Joseph Smith taught/wrote unBiblical teachings, he was indeed a false prophet, and all who have propagated his error are also false prophets. I feel I have said enough: People either receive truth, or they don't, and I've posted MANY links with info from Mormon sources. God gives everyone free will. I do not bear you, nor anyone else, any ill will. Instead, my heart echoes this glorious truth: GOD IS NOT WILLING THAT ANY SHOULD PERISH, BUT THAT ALL SHOULD COME TO REPENTANCE.

audrey ruth

January 30, 2014  9:16pm

Onslow: Please read the Holy Bible as it is written, without receiving/inferring error. Please start with I Corinthians 2:14.

Sarah B

January 29, 2014  11:01pm

Hi Audrey, I have downloaded the book you’ve recommended, but have not read it. However, I too, have met a descendant of John Lee and what you say doesn’t match with what I’ve heard. I don’t know how often they’ve held these memorial services, but this Ensign article talks about plans back in 1988 to place a new memorial marker and also refurbish an old marker. “Mountain Meadows Memorial Helps Bring Healing, Ensign, Dec 1990.” Seems to me, they’ve been talking about things for a long time. Audrey. The Book of Mormon, the Doctrine and Covenants, and Pearl of Great Price are true records and every bit as sacred as the Bible. They are not false scriptures. Joseph Smith, Brigham Young, and President Monson today are all prophets of God. Have a blessed day.

audrey ruth

January 29, 2014  9:30pm

Sarah, I appreciate your acknowledgment of King David. Mormon leaders did hide the truth about the Mountain Meadows Massacre for many years. Thelma Geer, who wrote Mormonism, Mama and Me, said that John Lee was an ancestor of hers and that the truth about that horrible occurrence had been hid/whitewashed for years and years. It is great to know that Mormons finally came out with the truth about it in 2007. I don't know if you're aware of this, but Mormon leaders have not been able/willing to address the gross discrepancy between the Scripture of the Holy Bible and Mormonism's false scriptures, when confronted by faithful Mormons who have begun to question these things. Not long ago this very issue arose in Sweden, and I believe it is still ongoing today. When confronted, Mormon leaders acknowledge the Biblical truth, but then don't offer any explanation as to why they continue to profess belief in Joseph Smith's, Brigham Young's, et al, teachings which are clearly contradictory.

Sarah B

January 29, 2014  5:08pm

Hi Audrey, I do think you are right about King David. Have a blessed day.

Sarah B

January 29, 2014  4:29pm

Hi Audrey, The Church hasn't hid anything. Richard E. Turley Jr., ”The Mountain Meadows Massacre,“ Ensign, Sept. 2007 and Henry B. Eyring, in “Expressing Regrets for 1857 Massacre,” Church News, Sept. 15, 2007. There is also a book about this. "Massacre at Mountain Meadows" , published by Oxford University Press, is not a Church production but was co-authored by Mormon historians Ronald W. Walker, Richard E. Turley Jr. and Glen M. Leonard. Have a blessed day.

audrey ruth

January 29, 2014  1:28pm

Onslow, please re-read 2 Samuel 21. This is verse 1: "During the reign of David, there was a famine for three successive years; so David sought the face of the Lord. The Lord said, 'It is on account of Saul and his blood-stained house; it is because he put the Gibeonites to death.'” THIS is why David took the action you condemned. It is vital to read the Word of God in context. BTW - you really need to read up on the 1857 Mountain Meadows Mormon Massacre of INNOCENT settlers who were on their way West. The Mormons had NO directive from the Lord to kill anyone. This completely violated the new covenant (David lived under the old covenant), yet Mormons have not publicly admitted the horror of what was done that day, have not taken responsibility, but have only sought to hide the awful truth.

audrey ruth

January 29, 2014  1:16pm

Linda, you're either not hearing me or else you're deceived: I have not once asked you to follow MY word - only God's. You say I have no right to speak to you, but I do - for one reason, and one reason only. Because Christ Jesus commanded His disciples to take the Gospel to every person on the face of the earth. He also spoke a terrible judgment on anyone who would add to or take away from His Word (they will lose eternal life). Joseph Smith, Brigham Young, and other Mormon leaders have added SEVERAL books of false "scripture" to the Holy Bible, God's Word! Not only do they say their own writings are equal to God's Word, they say they are ABOVE God's Word! Please understand: The Hell Christ Jesus taught of is not a denomination's Hell - it is the place of eternal suffering to which Jesus said He would send people like Joseph Smith. Remember - Jesus said the gates of Hell would NOT prevail against HIS church. Joseph Smith said different. Only Jesus is right!

audrey ruth

January 29, 2014  1:08pm

In a conference message on April 2, 1852, Brigham Young declared, "Now hear it, O inhabitants of the earth, Jew and Gentile, Saint and sinner! When our father Adam came into the garden of Eden, he came into it with a celestial body, and brought Eve, one of his wives, with him. He helped to make and organize this world. He is Michael, the Archangel, the Ancient of Days! about whom holy men have written and spoken--He is our Father, and our God, and the only God with whom we have to do" (Journal of Discourses 1:50). He also said: “What a learned idea! Jesus, our elder brother, was begotten in the flesh by the same character that was in the garden of Eden, and who is our Father in Heaven. Now, let all who may hear these doctrines, pause before they make light of them, or treat them with indifference, for they will prove their salvation or damnation.” Here's your PROOF: Brigham Young was a false prophet, teaching contrary to the Holy Bible, the Word of God. Why do Mormons say differently?

audrey ruth

January 29, 2014  1:06pm

Onslow, you've missed or overlooked a key truth: David was not a prophet. The Lord God called him to be a king. Samuel and Nathan WERE prophets of God during David's reign, and they served God faithfully, even correcting kings. Samuel gave Saul a serious warning from God saying that God had taken the kingdom from him. Nathan was sent by God to David after he sinned a grievous sin. The key difference between Saul and David is that Saul did not repent of his sin. David did.

audrey ruth

January 29, 2014  1:01pm

Sarah said: " Yes, the Adam-God theory is incorrect doctrine from which there is a lesson for all of us. Though a man may be called of God, even as a prophet, he is not infallible." // Sarah, you're missing (or avoiding?) the point: Any man who teaches such false doctrine is a false prophet. This is the Bible test for a true or false prophet. Read the book of Jeremiah, and you will see that he withstood a false prophet who was confusing the people by giving out false prophecies which sounded good to them. The Lord exposed him as a fake. Joseph Smith was a false prophet. Brigham Young was a false prophet. All Mormon prophets have been false prophets because their word does not agree with God's Holy Word.

Sarah B

January 28, 2014  9:04am

Isaiah prophesied the captivity or destruction of Jerusalem. Lehi’s family is at least one family who was led by the Lord out of Jerusalem before this happens. Lehi’s son, Nephi, begins and keeps a record of what happens among them and instructs those who come after him to preserve the records kept and to continue to keep a record of what happens among them. Along the way, Mormon comes into possession of these records. He abridges the records of the people of Nephi and upon his death, his son Moroni completed the abridgement, included an abridgement of the Jaredite people. After all this, Moroni leaves his testimony, then he hides up the record to the Lord so that it may be preserved and brought forward when the Lord saw fit to do so. If it helps, you can also look up the “student institute manual for the Book of Mormon,” but start with reading the Book of Mormon itself first before reading commentary to it. Have a blessed day.

Displaying 1–20 of 244 comments.

1 2 3 4 5  …  13 next page