Guest / Limited Access /

"Allahu Akbar. I bear witness that there is no god but Allah. I bear witness that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah."

These are the first words of the Muslim call to prayer. They were also the first words ever spoken to me. Moments after ...

Displaying 1–20 of 23 comments.

1 2 next page   Show All

William Goldman

February 19, 2014  7:54am

Liisa: I learned, from co-leading a Christianity Explored group, that Jesus spent his whole preaching life indeed claiming to be God, but that his disciples found it too much to believe. Learning this, or having it revealed to me, was something I found really mind-blowing.

Ezra Paudyal

February 17, 2014  8:10am

Interesting read. Jesus is great!

audrey ruth

February 11, 2014  8:51pm

Jesus did say, "If you've seen me, you've seen the Father." Scripture in Colossians 2 says, "In Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily", that "By Him [Jesus] all things consist."

Diane England

February 09, 2014  7:56pm

What a powerful witness. Thank you for writing it.

Liisa Martin

February 08, 2014  1:43pm

You wrote: ..that the Bible could be trusted and that Jesus died on the cross, rose from the dead, and claimed to be God. Jesus died on the cross and rose from the dead. He ascended to Heaven. But He did not claim to be God. God is part of the trinity - the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost.

Mark Snyder

February 01, 2014  9:33pm

I had the privilege to meet Nabeel and listened as he shared his testimony to our Sunday school class a couple of years ago. He is the REAL deal! His absolute passion and love for the lost and his discipline in studying and understanding the scriptures really made an impression on me to re-examine my own walk and be more proactive in recognizing opportunities where I can make a difference. He is an amazing individual who is engaging, humble and incredibly intelligent. You feel an immediate bond with him as a brother in Christ. I encourage anyone to attend any speaking engagements he may be involved with if he is in a town near your, and to support his efforts in reaching Muslims with the truth. God bless you Nabeel!!

audrey ruth

January 30, 2014  8:47pm

For anyone who does not understand why Muslims pay a dear price (including rejection by their families) when they receive Christ Jesus as Lord, I recommend this bio which relates the experience of a Saudi woman who went through it: I Dared To Call Him Father, by Bilquis Sheikh - http://www.amazon.com/Dared-Call-Him-Father-Miraculous/dp/0800793242

Ed Galicki

January 29, 2014  5:33pm

I heard testimony of another devout Muslim who was persuaded to change - his reason was most interesting. He said he decided to study the bible to prove where all the errors were. He found it stunning that all the nations who come up against Israel in Ezekiel 36 & 37 are these Muslim nations - and his shock was because he saw that this was written hundreds of years before Mohammad was born and Islam was started. This is something I find comforting even still.

David Randall

January 28, 2014  4:23pm

@Tim, with respect, I'm not sure you grasp the nature of the problem. Nabeel has not rejected his "culture" or his family, but as he well understood would happen when he surrendered to Christ, they have rejected him. While this may not represent as big a problem in westernized secular families, it certainly is in families that are totally committed to Islam as their identity. The same is true for Christian Jews. While they may well still consider themselves Jews, religiously committed Jews do not accept them as Jews, but consider them traitors. A recent article in CT highlighted a recent statistic that around a third of Jews were willing to consider Messianic Jews as Jews, but this was only in a racial context. The same study also showed that far more Jews were willing to accept the "Jewishness" of atheistic Jews than Messianic Jews. The problem is not a clash of culture, it is a clash of faith. Islam considers any claim deity for Christ as utter blasphemy and worthy of death.

Jane Jimenez

January 28, 2014  3:32pm

Prayer must be the first response for all readers. We must pray for strength and comfort for Nabeel and for understanding, love and redemption for Nabeel's family and friends. American Christians especially do not fully comprehend the tremendous gift we have of living in a country where we can openly practice our faith. We are insulted by media and other biases aimed at Christianity, but we do not fully comprehend the sacrifice made by Nabeel and Christians in other nations/cultures who truly sacrifice ALL for love of Christ. Nabeel, may God continue to protect, console and encourage you. May your family witness the love of Christ in your life and come to understand and believe. God bless you!

Michael Patrick

January 28, 2014  12:40pm

I would disagree with Tim Timmons comments. More importantly, according to scripture, Jesus disagreed with Tim Timmons statements. Tim stated, "a call to follow Jesus is not a call to die." Jesus stated the opposite in Mk 8:35, "For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and the gospel’s will save it." Jesus also said that anyone who looks back is unfit to follow Him. This applies to our families. Mt 10:37, "He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me." All of us must love Jesus more than our relationship with our family. Many Muslims are forced to choose between their families and Jesus. Followers of Christ must love Jesus more than this world. We must choose to obey and trust Him, rather than trying to please others. 1 Jn 2:15 says, "If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him." We willingly give up everything to follow Jesus.

John James

January 28, 2014  9:27am

Quite agree with Tim Timmons. For example, the Chinese Christians don't really leave their culture but because of spiritual reasons, they no longer visit temples but gather at church for thanksgiving on the first day of Lunar New Year. (coming Friday morning, 31/1/2014 is the first day of the Lunar NY). Heard that some Muslim background Christians still go to mosque. I feel sad when I see on Youtube, Muslims after accepting Christ become too westernized. Perhaps those who live in 'cheap grace' should learn from those who embrace 'costly grace' instead of the other way round.

audrey ruth

January 28, 2014  9:16am

Wonderful, precious, powerful testimony! Glory to God!!! It's not only Muslims who are rejected by relatives for choosing to serve Jesus above all - this happens to non-Muslims as well. I'm reminded of these verses in Luke: "Another also said, 'I will follow You, Lord; but first permit me to say good-bye to those at home.' But Jesus said to him, 'No one, after putting his hand to the plow and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.' "

janice scott

January 28, 2014  8:28am

Wow!

TIM TIMMONS

January 28, 2014  8:13am

"For Muslims, following the gospel is more than a call to prayer, it is a call to die." I appreciate Nabeel's experience. In my experience, it works like this: A CALL TO FOLLOW CHRISTIANITY is a call to die. However, A CALL TO FOLLOW JESUS is not a call to die. I am aware of thousands of Muslims who follow Jesus without renouncing their cultures and families. In the same way, Messianic Jews were not required to renounce their cultures and families, there is today a massive movement of Muslims who are "Messianic Muslims". To follow the gospel of Christianity will to rip any Muslim apart within himself & with within his family. To follow the gospel of Jesus is the way, the truth and the life, as a Muslim. Jesus never messed with anyone's culture or called them to tear themselves away from their cultures. He was most concerned about the person's faith relationship with Him: Samaritan woman, Syrophoenician woman, Roman centurion, the demoniac, etc. Christianity isn't the way: Jesus is!

editor UNITYINCHRIST.COM

January 28, 2014  5:11am

Absolutely awesome, and I agree with all the comments below. They've said it better than I can. I find it interesting, that for much of the beginning of the recent Messianic Jewish movement, God calling Jews to believe in Jesus, these Jews went through similar experiences with their families. But the dangers and rejection a Muslim faces in coming to Christ are far greater, and we should all understand and appreciate that. Nabeel, glad you are working with Ravi Zacharias. God bless you for your faith and courage.

John James

January 28, 2014  4:03am

Please love your family with the love of Christ. Show them love and pray for them. Always sing over them the love of Christ even at a distance. May the light of Christ shine on them even as they pray. God Bless You to his honor and praise.

Bill Bray

January 27, 2014  5:32pm

This should encourage everyone of us to reach out to Muslim international students at our local universities and colleges. The Lord has brought the world to our doorsteps. Love and the Word of God wins Muslim hearts!

George Gray

January 27, 2014  4:44pm

The story of our brother's call to Christ was a heart touching experience and much, much more. It offered a very skilled example on how we can more effectively witness to moslems. David Wood's wise approach toward his friend offers valuable insights to that end. Thank you, I need that info for other Moslems. Very best wishes, GMG.

Chelsie Morris

January 27, 2014  2:57pm

Praise God for your testimony Nabeel! Jesus also called me in a similar way, out of a family who didn't believe (though they were just agnostic, not from a strong tradition like yours). I always love stories like yours because they show how God will have those who are his, no matter their situation. I pray that you will be a light in the Muslim community, and help bring more of our brothers and sisters there to the Gospel.

Displaying 1–20 of 23 comments.

1 2 next page   Show All