Guest / Limited Access /

Early in 1994, a small church in a strip mall near Toronto Pearson International Airport had thousands of people waiting at its doors night after night—50,000 unique visitors, as we'd say today, in the first six months of the year, enough ...

Displaying 1–6 of 6 comments.

1    Show All

Rick Dalbey

March 10, 2014  4:30pm

Though I was a Christian in the 1990s (have been since 1970) I was not awake. I was faithful yet going through the motions. So, unfortunately I missed Toronto. However, after being introduced to Toronto's kids, Bethel in Redding, IHOP and others my life was revolutionized. I have evangelized more, prayed with the sick more, worshipped more and have come to know the Lion of Judah, King Jesus as my dear friend and Lord who is the pearl of great price. THANK GOD FOR THE TORONTO REVIVAL!!

David Stafford

March 10, 2014  2:03am

This is referred to in the KJV as being "beside yourself". The disciples thought that Jesus was manifesting this phenomenon when he said to the gathering, "Who is my mother...And who are my brothers, and sisters? Are not ye; in the Lord?" Paul spoke of he and the church members being beside themselves. Carried up into heaven, so to speak. Speaking in tongues is related to this and should not be prohibited in church. Christ commanded that that should be two or at the most three; and then one by one decently and in order. If there were no interpreter, silence should be maintained. God is not present in the least manifestation of confusion. Paul implied he was often beside himself and said he spoke in tongues more than they all...yet...In The Church...he would rather speak five words with his understanding than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue. Women should keep silence. "Let he which has understanding or is spiritual acknowledge these things to be the commandments of Jesus Christ

camilla luckey

March 09, 2014  12:59pm

Thnx Laura. One nite, immobilized doing Toronto carpet, I was riding a camel w/a bright blanket and a saddle-bag custom-fitted as a combo medicine bag-eucharist kit. All sizes & shapes of crystal-clear bottles, some like a chemlab's unbreakable heat-resistant cylinders, were strapped in tight for the long haul. They held colorful bubbly potions and pills, sparkly bright, pulsing w/life. My job was to carry to others and to consume as needed, til next time 'back at the ranch', Toronto, a desert oasis. Now I know to recognize such an oasis and to drink deep and to refill my bag. You never know when you'll come across a ranch-oasis. Some are mirages. Take care but receive the blessing when it's there and drink deep and fill your saddle-bag. Hope this helps answer your questions re 'the long seasons' and 'normal life' and 'how to go on.'

Ronda Stewart-Wilcox

March 08, 2014  5:55am

I am a tertiary recipient of the Toronto Blesding. I have experienced many manifestations of the Holy Spirit, but the real value in all those experiences was the deeper love of God they engendered and the push to scripture they encouraged. I have experienced deep healing and mind renewal (remember the verse to not be conformed to this world). I have become more naturally bolder in my faith and witness. I believe God has used this ongoing transformation in me to be a blessing to others. True, not everyone who falls in the floor or moans and roars is experiencing God, but the opposite is true, too. Sure, people can become dependent on a "touch" and treat it as though magical. People can do the same with quieter liturgies as well. God is not magical. God is God. I greatly appreciate the honest, first person assessment offered in this article.

Paul Kern

March 07, 2014  4:50pm

It would be interesting to see the connection between this and the Latter Rain revival. The promoters of this and their descendants have been a part of many of the so called moves of God. From my own background I see a lot of magic and not God. Too many imitations and few compare their experience with the revealed Word of God. BTW I am Pentecostal and Reformed in my theology and practice.

FRANCINE ORLANDO

March 07, 2014  12:53pm

Friends brought me to a weekend healing seminar with the Sandford's in 2000 and then I went back a spent a week for a woman's conference. The Lord changed my life after those two encounters and what happened to me there was so beyond my personality. But I finally became the person God created me to be. The people in my church who were there with me no longer attend here because they wanted more of God and it was never understood why they behaved the way they did in the Lord's presence. I certainly can't wrap my head around it either but I am not God and all I know is I am so thankful and blessed for being a part of the "Toronto Blessing".

Displaying 1–6 of 6 comments.

1    Show All