Guest / Limited Access /

Abuse surfaces at West African mission school

SENEGAL More than 50 children were allegedly abused at a New Tribes Mission (NTM) boarding school in Senegal in the 1980s. The report, released by Godly Response to Abuse in the Christian Environment (G.R.A.C.E.), ...

Displaying 1–7 of 7 comments.

1    Show All

Dan H

November 04, 2010  9:31pm

Hey, what's wrong with small, medium or large prayers? Small prayer (as in short)Nehemiah 2:4 "Then the king said to me, "What are you requesting?" So I prayed to the God of heaven. 5And I said to the king..." Large prayer (large as in pretty long): Luke 6:12 "...He went off to the mountain to pray, and He spent the whole night in prayer to God." Medium prayer: somewhere in between small and large.

s b

November 03, 2010  10:53am

prayer isn't a menu option its a call to God... to consider it anything less is ridiculous and demeaning. Small, Medium, and Large?! Serving pancakes at a prayer service would be nice but the rest of what you suggested is hopefully a joke.

Leslie S

October 29, 2010  12:45am

Anne - I believe you are right. I just checked a couple of the other links and they are all from early September.

Anne S

October 28, 2010  9:44pm

The IHOP news is pretty old, too. I'm wondering if this was misposted.

Dan H

October 28, 2010  5:05pm

Maybe there is a "win/win" solution to this problem. Perhaps IHOP and IHOP could merge. IHOPrayer could agree to serve food provided by IHOPancakes and IHOPancakes could put prayer on their menu. Wouldn't it be great to open a menu and see "Prayer - small, medium, large" Or maybe the waitress would say, "Would you like your prayer with french fries or a baked potato?" Yep - that's thinking out of the box.

archae ologist

October 28, 2010  4:11pm

not to be callous but i find the term 'abuse' to be one of the most misused and misapplied words today. under today's subjective mindset, anything can be termed as abuse. i see nothing ut trouble for the church if this 'fad' is not stopped soon. you can't change the past nor can you heal anyone by throwing money at the problem. IHOprayer needs to change its name andit was wrong of them to copy an established business' acrynom

Leslie S

October 28, 2010  3:52pm

I am not diminishing what the victims of the abuse went through - but I though that report was released several months ago??? Or is this yet another case that happened (dear God, I pray not!)? I am actually quite confused as to how this is being posted as a new report. and secondly, I wondered when IHOP and IHOP would get tangled up. Sadly, I really believe that Prayer should have changed their name unless God specifically told them to name their organization that - however legally IHOPancakes has several legitimate complaints. IHOPrayer would have done well to not let people call them IHOP and came up with a different nickname.

Displaying 1–7 of 7 comments.

1    Show All