Guest / Limited Access /

...

Since age 10, Jones has played the character Jake Harper for nine seasons—eight of those as Hollywood's highest-paid child actor, making roughly $8 million annually. His declaration was spurred in part by his newfound faith in God, a ...

Displaying 1–16 of 16 comments.

1    Show All

Rondell Williams

December 03, 2012  6:48pm

Here's The article with Jones' apology. http://www.kansascity.com/2012/11/27/3936870/two-and-a-half-men-actor-n ot-expected.html Doesn't seem to me that he was back-peddling on his earlier statements, just that he seemed not to realized "how" is statement may had sounded or reflected on the ppl involved in the show of whom he says he respects. The people and the content are the distinguishing factor in both his statement and apology. Just my thoughts.

Rondell Williams

December 03, 2012  5:56pm

I just wanted to commend Angus on his stand for God and his personal spiritual beliefs. It takes character and courage to do something like that so openly these days! Good for him! May God continually bless you Angus and increase you more and more in the things of God! Blessings!

Claire Guest

December 03, 2012  9:35am

Gary, the statement I read which said that Angus has been fired was posted by AOL's news service. I'll leave it to you to decide whether that is a credible news source, or not. Your recent post also reeks with judgment. Obviously, you feel qualified to judge the motives of total strangers whom you do not know personally. I do not. I do applaud Angus' initial statements (which he has not retracted) because they are consistent with Scriptural truth, and I applaud his courage at speaking out at such a young age. I know you don't see it that way, but I do. Perhaps it is best if we agree to disagree.

GARY L COLEMAN

December 03, 2012  1:48am

Claire, as you know no one can judge except the Lord. However, many “good, fundamentalist Christians” judge others every day. I have not read a credible news report that Jones has been fired from the TV show. I have seen an “Examiner” report that he will be replaced by Miley Cyrus. :) Were I to “judge” anyone, it would be the people/institutions making a buck off of Jones’ statement. Christopher Hudson, the 35-year-old, Seventh-day Adventist pastor, who made the Jones’ video and allowed it to be leaked to “You Tube,” has an agenda – “Whatever benefits Hudson.” “Christianity Today” benefited by publishing this article, since it collects subscription fees and advertising dollars. I have great concern for the growing number of “believers” who wave their Christian flags and then expect to be paid in cash to do it. On Judgment Day, to whom will Jesus show the most favor – the unpaid volunteer spreading the Good News, or the mega-church pastor who takes home a six-figure salary?

Claire Guest

December 02, 2012  4:58pm

Gary, I read that statement a day or so ago. I noticed that Angus did not retract his earlier statements equating the show with "filth", and advising teens not to watch it. I also saw a news article since then saying that he has been fired from the show. I'm sure he knew that was a very real possibility when he made the decision to speak out. Your post reeks with judgment. Do you really feel qualified to be his Judge?

GARY L COLEMAN

December 01, 2012  10:03pm

Today, Jones apologized for his earlier remarks. “Without qualification, I am grateful to and have the highest regard and respect for all of the wonderful people on ‘Two and Half Men’ with whom I have worked and over the past 10 years who have become an extension of my family,” he said in a statement. Did the potential loss of his 8-million-a-year salary motivate his apology? Your article was titled, "How 'Two and a Half Men' Star Became a 'Paid Hypocrite'" In light of Jones' apology, the "Paid Hypocrite" title takes on a whole new meaning. Will "Christianity Today" report his apology? Like many "good, fundamentalist Christians," apparently Jones was reminded of the important "biblical law, "The Rule of Gold." Jones can go on to write a couple of best-selling books telling "the sheep" how to be "good Christians," for which he will make more money. Finally, he can become head pastor of a megachurch, and be paid a six-figure salary. Then, he will be a "paid hypocrite."

Claire Guest

December 01, 2012  12:39pm

Angus has committed the "new sin" (probably the only sin left, in the eyes of the world) of simply telling the truth - the unvarnished truth. Now that he has spoken out, the world will hate him just as it hates others who do the same. I saw a news article yesterday saying that he has been fired from the show. I'm sure he knew that was a very real possibility when he made the decision to speak out. Pilgrim, do you really think you are qualified to judge him, or anyone else? For example, how is it that you judge Franklin Graham as "not moral"? Everything I've heard him speak about morality is in complete agreement with God's Holy Word. God's Word is my standard of truth. What is yours?

Hugh Wetmore

December 01, 2012  8:51am

I've observed that when a celebrity repents to follow Jesus, s/he is in danger as much from Christians (agencies, churches) who want to use him to boost their own profiles as s/he is from unbelievers who want to see her/him fall in order to build their case against Jesus. Most of us ordinary mortals have no idea of the dynamics which pressurise celebrities. We must pray for him and his church, that God will keep them strong by the power of His grace 2 Timothy 2:1.

Derek Atkins

December 01, 2012  6:13am

To Pilgrim Progress: Please don't judge this young man so harshly. He's taking an incredibly brave stand, and there are many, many, many people out there who want to see him compromise his new-found faith. Let's support him as a fellow brother in Christ!

Pilgrim Progress

December 01, 2012  1:48am

12-1-12 News Flash Angus has "apologized" to the Network for "trashing them." He apparently decided to NOT jeopardize his $350,000.00 paycheck for EACH episode of "filth." When it comes down to money, he is about as moral as Jim and Tammy, Robert Schuller, Oral Roberts and Franklin Graham. His GOD is his money.

JANET MCCONNELL

November 29, 2012  12:36pm

Angus does need a lot of prayer because of his celebrity. Seeing so many celebrity conversions go south in the past would confirm what Carol A. has stated below. For some reason people hold celebrities to a higher standard and many will be watching his every move in order to find a reason to tear him down. He has so much in common with Kirk Cameron and I hope Kirk will reach out to him as soon as possible before someone else with wrong motives gets ahold of him in order to exploit him or destroy his witness.

Carol Anderson

November 28, 2012  2:28pm

He's a very brave young man. Even last night the media mags were pounding on him. I agree with Suzanne...we need to pray for him. Just like every other "star" that has come into a relationship with Jesus, just because they are celebrities doesn't make them instantly mature Christians yet we so often want them to be spokespersons while they are just babes in the Lord. That kind of "power" can be a stumbling block to a young believer. He seems to have his head straight on this but being part of such a controversial TV show makes him a huge target. Thank you Jesus for drawing this talented young man to you! Bless him and help him through all the difficulties that may lie ahead for him. Use him in the lives of others who may be going the same way he was.

Kevin Sheen

November 28, 2012  2:15pm

Adia - CT didn't call Angus that, he refers to himself as a 'paid hypocrite' in the article. Hence the quotes.

SUZANNE OLIVER

November 28, 2012  1:13pm

Pray for Angus! This young man will be challenged on every front, now that he has become public with his Christian beliefs. Good for you, Angus! And praise God that he is now your center.

adia emi

November 28, 2012  1:04pm

Not bad article but the title is cruel. How 'Two and a Half Men' Star Became a 'Paid Hypocrite'....How can you publish a "Christian" article using the word hypocrite. So many people actually think of him as a hypocrite...why? because he had the courage and maturity that most people (even Christians) dont have today to stand up for what he beliefs. We should all be proud of him and what God is doing through him. He is an amazing example for us all...especially us the "Christians".. His testimony is making me realize that we are not brave enough to do as he did....leave everything behind in order to serve the Lord...not caring about what people or the entire world might say.

Steve Harber

November 27, 2012  11:31pm

Well written article. Interesting take on the show; pretty well grounded for growing up in the public eye

Displaying 1–16 of 16 comments.

1    Show All