We believe that people who have the spiritual gift of leadership are called to lead, not for their own benefit, but for the sake of nurturing the body of Christ. Women with leadership gifts, as with all gifts, are obligated to use those gifts in the ways and the places God has called them to. We are committed to speaking with these values:
• Biblical truth—We always look at leadership issues through a biblical lens.
• Reality—We are realistic about the issues, struggles, challenges, opportunities, and joys women leaders face.
• Honesty—We are committed to addressing reality with honesty and without apology.
• Redemption—We express ourselves without bitterness. When speaking from personal pain, we point to hope and healing—even if our healing process is incomplete. This is not a forum for mere arguments or expressions of personal anguish.
• Love—We care about women in leadership and want to make personal connections with them.
• Equipping—We help women get better, and more confident, in what they do.
• Encouragement—We want women to feel good about the gifts God has given them, and we help them see how they can use those gifts. We love and root for the church and its people.
• Challenge—We challenge women to use their leadership gifts, pursue spiritual growth, and think deeply.
• Unity—We help women rise above the arguments and judgments about where they should lead. Instead, we agree that we are all obligated to use our gifts in the ways God has called us to do so.
GIFTED FOR LEADERSHIP readers are women leaders in church ministry. They are mature in their Christian faith, knowledgeable about the Bible, and committed to leading and discipling others through the ministry of the local church.
GIFTED FOR LEADERSHIP articles must offer in-depth, biblical insight into topics of leadership, ministry, and faith. Articles should be personal in tone and use real-life anecdotes while providing thoughtful, practical wisdom from a Christian perspective. Articles must contain a distinct evangelical Christian perspective and must uphold our stated values: biblical truth, reality, honesty, redemption, love, equipping, encouragement, challenge, and unity. If possible, please use the New Living Translation when quoting Scripture. Our articles don't shy from covering tough issues real women face. Life is messy and complex; we seek to acknowledge that by avoiding pat answers and formulaic conclusions, and we look for authors who do the same.
GIFTED FOR LEADERSHIP does not accept unsolicited manuscripts. Please query first (see below).