Nancy Ortberg served eight years as a teaching pastor at Willow Creek Community Church in South Barrington, Illinois. During that time she led the Network ministry, helping people identify their spiritual gifts and find a place of service in the church. She also led Axis for the 18- to 20-something generation.
Axis included weekend services of 1,200-1,500 people in their twenties who worshipped together, served the poor, and participated in small-group communities. Nancy is a founding partner of Teamworx2, a consulting firm that works with organizations, helping leaders overcome the team dysfunctions that are obstacles to high performance and work enjoyment. She and her husband, John, live in the Bay Area, CA, and have three children, Laura, Mallory, and John.
Read Nancy's Gifted for Leadership articles:
– "Work Is a Sacred Trust" (March 22, 2007)
Read Nancy's contributions to our other Christianity Today International resources:
– "Virtual Community", Today's Christian Woman magazine (July 2006)
– "Honor My Mother and Father?" Today's Christian Woman magazine (May 2006)
– "Playing Favorites", Today's Christian Woman magazine (November 2005)
– "No Apology," Today's Christian Woman magazine (September 2005)
– "Unequally Yoked", Today's Christian Woman magazine (July 2005)
– "Hearing God's Call", Today's Christian Woman magazine (March 2005)
– "Joy in the Journey", Marriage Partnership magazine (Spring 2006)
– "What Joy Isn't", Marriage Partnership magazine (Spring 2006)
– "Dr. Jekyll and Momma Hyde", MOMSense magazine (January 2001)
– "How Do I Uncover My Spiritual Gifts?" Today's Christian Woman magazine (January 2007)