Top 10 Things Not to Say on a Date
- "Nice haircut! We used to do something like that with my mom's poodle!"
- "Oh, an '81 Pinto. How nice. My last date drove a brand-new Porsche 911 Carrera. Way too showy."
- "Is that your perfume or did we just walk past a dead skunk?"
- "I've got a great idea! Let's sing some camp songs while we wait here in line for the movie. Kum Ba Yah, my Lord! Kum Ba Yah! Everybody! Kum Ba Yah, my Lord! … "
- "That's so cool how you make your voice crack like that in the middle of a sentence! Most guys are self-conscious about it. But not you!"
- "All right! All-you-can-eat pizza! Last time I scarfed 36 slices before I got sick. Wonder if I can beat that tonight?"
- "Um, there must have been a mistake. The costume party isn't until next Friday night."
- "Did you know I'm ambidextrous? I can pick wax out of my ears with BOTH pinkies at the same time. Watch!"
- "Rats! It looks like I left my wallet at home again! What's that, nine times in a row? I'm sorry. You don't mind paying again, do you?"
- "I still can't believe you said yes when I asked you out! The last 38 I tried all said no. I was going for a Guinness World Record!"
Copyright © 2002 by the author or Christianity Today/Campus Life magazine.
Click here for reprint information on Campus Life.