In 2009 we added dozens of new downloads to our extensive pool of training resources. Week by week we address new ministry topics and try to make our store as comprehensive as possible. And we learn a lot about which topics are important by the resources that you, our readers, choose to download.
So, in the tradition of end-of-year recaps, below are the 10 most popular downloads on BuildingChurchLeaders.com in 2009.
10. Strengthening Small Churches—Training Theme
A smaller congregation presents its leaders with unique strengths and challenges. Learn from Moody professor John Koessler, pastor/blogger Chuck Warnock, and others.
9. Giving and Receiving Feedback—Best Church Practices
A survey of your congregation can be eye-opening. But it's a lot of work to build—especially one that returns trustworthy responses. These forms can help.
8. Evangelistic and Newcomer Ministry—Best Church Practices
Does your church have a good system for welcoming and following up with newcomers? Bolster it with these sample materials, along with the outreach strategies included.
7. Outreach to Young Adults—Practical Ministry Skills
Young adults are leaving and avoiding our churches. How to reach them? These articles from Ed Stetzer, Scot McKnight, and others can help.
6. Engaging Everyone in Worship—Worship Essentials
Learn from Andy Crouch, songwriters Keith and Kristyn Getty, and others about drawing your congregation into worship.
5. Building a Culture of Discipleship—Training Theme Help your church become a place where every member is taking on the task of discipleship.
4. Church Staff Evaluations—Best Church Practices
Performance appraisals can guide and motivate your staff. Assemble yours with the help of these sample forms.
3. Church Job Descriptions—Best Church Practices
Get sample job descriptions for more than a dozen different church roles. People work better when the expectations for them are clear.
2. Elder/Deacon—Orientation Guide
Elders and deacons carry weighty responsibilities. These articles can help them grow in the areas most important for their roles.
1. Usher/Greeter—Orientation Guide
This long-standing favorite helps to equip the church worker that everyone sees.
Church Facilities Manager—Orientation Guide
Fostering Financial Stewardship—Best Church Practices
Planning Prayer Services—Worship Essentials
Free sample favorites:
Spiritual Growth—Assessment Pack