Survey: What Are the Most Important Leadership Traits?
According to a recent Barna survey of Christians that covered topics of leadership, calling, and career, "Integrity" is the top trait people want in a leader. 64% of Christians surveyed put it at the top of their list. Authenticity (40%) and discipline (38%) also scored high.
Other key takeaways from this survey:
- In the full survey, the three traits listed above all beat out "passion for God" (31%).
- "… more than eight in ten (82%) Christian adults believe the United States is facing a crisis of leadership because there aren't enough leaders."
- Bottom two traits? Humility (7%) and purpose (5%).
- When the survey's limited to the subset of evangelicals, the ratios change dramatically. "Passion for God" jumps to 83%, the number one position.
Copyright © 2013 by the author or Christianity Today/Leadership Journal.
Click here for reprint information on Leadership Journal.
Subscribe to read more
- Monthly issues on web and iPad
- Web exclusives and archives on Leadership Journal.net
- Quarterly print issues