Remembering Dallas Willard
Author and philosopher Dallas Willard died May 8 at age 77, days after being diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. In the days following, many Christian leaders have reflected on his life, work, and faith:
- John Ortberg writes, "Dallas' work, more than anyone I know in our day, is helping us understand more clearly the reality of Jesus' offer."
- Richard Foster reflects on how Willard befriended him when he was a rookie pastor, teaching him to "live into the rhythms of the spirit."
- At The Gospel Coalition, Tom Nelson observes, "Christ was real and always near to him."
- Finally, Wesley Hill describes the transformative power of Willard's writing in "A Reader's Appreciation."
Copyright © 2013 by the author or Christianity Today/Leadership Journal.
Click here for reprint information on Leadership Journal.
Subscribe to read more
- Monthly issues on web and iPad
- Web exclusives and archives on Leadership Journal.net
- Quarterly print issues