The "10 Things Pastors like Least About Their Jobs"
"Let me state the obvious: Pastors are humans. That means they have preferences, likes, and dislikes. So I did an unscientific Twitter poll to find out what pastors really don't like about their jobs."
The response was strong. The top ten by number of responses:
- Conflict and complaining church members.
- Family challenges.
- Busy work.
- Members whose priorities are their own comfort and preferences.
- Expectations to be present at all church functions and many social functions.
- Non-productive meetings.
- Expectation to be on call 24/7.
- Confronting people who are sinning.
- Problems with staff members.
- Members who aren't passionate about evangelism/reaching the community.
Can you relate to this list?
Copyright © 2013 by the author or Christianity Today/Leadership Journal.
Click here for reprint information on Leadership Journal.
Subscribe to read more
- Monthly issues on web and iPad
- Web exclusives and archives on Leadership Journal.net
- Quarterly print issues