5 Reasons Millennials Stay Connected to Church (and More …)
The Millennial generation's been big news lately, as articles, blog posts, and more discuss the dynamics, challenges, and signs of life in the rising generation.
Barna's recently published Millennials Project is a good hub for information and data on them. Be sure to check out "5 Reasons Millennials Stay Connected to Church," a counterpoint to the earlier (and much discussed) Barna piece
Their 5 points are relevant for ministry leaders. Here are the takeaways:
- Make room for meaningful relationships.
- Teach cultural discernment.
- Make reverse mentoring a priority
- Embrace the potency of vocational discipleship.
- Facilitate connection with Jesus.
Leadership Journal regularly offers perspective and practical wisdom related to the Millennials. Be sure to read these highlights:
- "Why I Won't Give to Your Church"
- "From Relevant Dude to Spiritual Father"
- "Raising Money from Millennials"
- "The Church is a Harlot, But I Love Her."
Copyright © 2013 by the author or Christianity Today/Leadership Journal.
Click here for reprint information on Leadership Journal.
Subscribe to read more
- Monthly issues on web and iPad
- Web exclusives and archives on Leadership Journal.net
- Quarterly print issues