Theme of the week: Change the Pace of Your Life
Saturday, June 24, 2017
[ see ratings/comments ]
Key Bible Verse: Jesus often slipped away to be alone so he could pray. (Luke 5:16, NCV)
Dig Deeper: Hebrews 4:1-11
Consider these ideas to implement life-giving rhythms:
- Ask a group of life-giving friends to join you once a month for a meal where everyone brings food to share or where everyone meets at a restaurant.
- If you're in a small group, brainstorm ideas of fun and life-giving festivals. One small group decided to go camping one weekend to observe the Jewish Festival of Shelters. [See Lev. 23:33-43.]
- Plan an annual spiritual retreat. Look for retreat centers that will refresh and renew you.
- Read books or articles on rhythm. Find some suggestions at pottersinn.com.
- Read the Gospel of Luke, and begin to mark and journal the lifestyle of Jesus.
Creating a new rhythm of life will require thought, prayer, and God's help. But life can be better. Each day, each week, and each month that we move in rhythm, we learn the cadence of how Jesus lived his life.
—Stephen W. Smith in The Jesus Life
Adapted from The Jesus Life by Stephen W. Smith (David C. Cook, 2012) by permission. All rights reserved by the copyright holder and/or the publisher. May not be reproduced.
Copyright © 2017 by Christianity Today/Men of Integrity magazine. Click here for reprint information on Men of Integrity.
Prayer for the Week
Heavenly Life-Giver, help me escape the tyranny of the urgent for a healthy, less-hurried lifestyle; may I pause and see each day as a precious gift from you, and may I encourage others to do the same.
Use your Men of Integrity login to easily comment on this article.