1 & 2 Thessalonians: How Can I Be Sure?

1 & 2 Thessalonians: How Can I Be Sure?

Be confident that your life is pleasing to God.
10 Session Bible Study

Overview

In these 10 studies, Paul's letters to the Thessalonian church show how you can be confident that your life is pleasing to God.

Introduction

Getting the Most Out of 1 & 2 Thessalonians
This section introduces the topic, explains the structure followed in each study and offers tips for those approaching the study on their own as well as those participating in a group.

Session One

How Can I Be Sure of My Beliefs?
When have you experienced doubt and discouragement like the Thessalonians? In what ways can Christians help each other to be assured of what they believe?
Acts 17:1-15

Session Two

How Can I Be Sure of My Purpose?
How can you help your church or fellowship group become like a lighthouse? What would have drawn you to want to be a part of the church in Thessalonica?
1 Thessalonians 1

Session Three

How Can I Be Sure of My Message?
What attitudes enabled Paul to continue preaching despite opposition? What does this teach you about proper and improper reasons for witnessing to others?
1 Thessalonians 2:1-16

Session Four

How Can I Be Sure That I Am Loved?
What evidence do you find in this passage that Paul really did love the Thessalonians? How do you most often express your love for others?
1 Thessalonians 2:17-3:13

Session Five

How Can I Be Sure of God's Approval?
Even though Paul acknowledges that the Thessalonians are pleasing God, he urges them to "do this more and more." Why is it important to keep reminding each other of how we ought to live?
1 Thessalonians 4:1-12

Session Six

How Can I Be Sure That Christ Is Coming Back?
Why are the examples of a thief and a woman in labor good analogies for what will happen when Christ returns? How can you prepare for "the day of the Lord"?
1 Thessalonians 4:13-5:11

Session Seven

How Can I Be Sure of God's People?
Paul so wants the Thessalonians to "live in peace with each other" that he ends his first letter to them with specific instructions. What do his words teach you about the role of friends in living a Christian life?
1 Thessalonians 5:12-28

Session Eight

How Can I Be Sure That I Will Go to Heaven?
If you were to die tonight, and God asked why he should let you into heaven, how would you answer? According to this passage, what makes a person "worthy of the kingdom"?
2 Thessalonians 1

Session Nine

How Can I Be Sure of God's Power?
Paul tells you how.
2 Thessalonians 2

Session Ten

How Can I Be Sure That I Am Doing My Part?
What work does Paul expect every one of his readers to perform? What do you learn from these verses about the work and responsibility of prayer?
2 Thessalonians 3

Total number of pages - 63 pages

Donald Baker is pastor of First Reformed Church of Doon, Iowa, and Bethel Reformed Church of Lester, Iowa. He formerly served as a staff member with InterVarsity Christian Fellowship/USA. He has written the LifeGuide Bible Studies Decisions, Joshua, Judges and Philippians.

100% Customer Satisfaction Guarantee
If you are not completely satisfied with the product you purchase, please contact us and we'll provide your next one completely free!
$39.95
PDF
CBS-IVP032-D

Free Newsletters

More Newsletters

Follow us