Too often we're offered five easy steps to evangelism or discipleship. And we eat it up. Because the truth is that evangelism and discipleship are messy. We'd much rather have a spelled-out plan to follow than figure it out as we go. But evangelism and discipleship require that we give up the easy step-by-step plans in favor of living life with people, building meaningful relationships, and following the Spirit's lead. Meaningful discipleship requires a custom fit.
Table of Contents
SCRIPTURE: Acts 8:26–40; Romans 12:9–21; 2 Timothy 1:1–14; 3:10–17
• Identify the Current Issue
• Discover the Eternal Principles
– Teaching point one:There's no one-size-fits-all method for discipleship or evangelism.
– Teaching point two: We must build authentic relationships with non-believers.
– Teaching point three: We must make discipleship and evangelism custom-fit for the people we're in relationship with.
• Apply Your Findings
• Additional Resources
ARTICLE FROM CHRISTIANITY TODAY
• "Duct-Tape Disciples," November 2013