This drawing is from a page of one of Austrian Oswald Tschirtner's sketchbooks. The German is translated: "Glory be to God in the highest and peace on earth to all men, who are of good will."
PHOTO COURTESY OF DIE KUNSTER AUS GUGGIG, AUSTRIA
Copyright © 1999 Christianity Today. Click for reprint information.
Find hope and historical insight. For a limited time, explore 60+ years of CT archives for free!
- Daily devotions from Timothy Dalrymple during this pandemic.
- Hundreds of theology and spiritual formation classics from Philip Yancey, Elisabeth Elliot, John Stott, and more.
- Thought journalism that inspires you to think more deeply about your faith.
- View the complete archive.
- Join now and get print issues access to archive PDFs.