- Congress enacts law against religious persecution.
- Midterm election jolts Christian Right.
- Worldwide body of Anglicans rejects ordination, "marriage" for homosexuals.
- Clinton seeks pastoral counsel after Lewinsky scandal.
- Papal visit to Cuba stimulates religious freedom.
- Christians in southern Sudan victimized by war, famine.
- Public-school vouchers gain court approval.
- Lutherans, Catholics draw closer on justification.
- Protestants, Catholics in Northern Ireland vote for peace.
- National Baptists retain indicted leader Lyons.
Already a CT subscriber? Log in for full digital access.
Have something to add about this? See something we missed? Share your feedback here.
Subscribe to Christianity Today and get access to this article plus 60+ years of archives.
- Home delivery of CT magazine
- Complete access to articles on ChristianityToday.com
- Over 120 years of magazine archives plus full access to all of CT’s online archives
- Learn more