- Congress enacts law against religious persecution.
- Midterm election jolts Christian Right.
- Worldwide body of Anglicans rejects ordination, "marriage" for homosexuals.
- Clinton seeks pastoral counsel after Lewinsky scandal.
- Papal visit to Cuba stimulates religious freedom.
- Christians in southern Sudan victimized by war, famine.
- Public-school vouchers gain court approval.
- Lutherans, Catholics draw closer on justification.
- Protestants, Catholics in Northern Ireland vote for peace.
- National Baptists retain indicted leader Lyons.
Already a CT subscriber? Log in for full digital access.
Subscribe to Christianity Today and get access to this article plus 60+ years of archives.
- Home delivery of CT magazine
- Complete access to articles on ChristianityToday.com
- Over 120 years of magazine archives plus full access to all of CT’s online archives
- Learn more