3. House Divided: Anglican Communion teeters on the brink of a breakup over the consecration of openly homosexual bishop Gene Robinson.
4. Abortion Progress: President Bush signs bill outlawing partial-birth abortions, the first legal abortion restriction since Roe v. Wade.
7. Economy: Rough financial times bring layoffs and closings at denominations and parachurch agencies.
8. Holy (Land) Terror: Renewed violence in the Middle East impedes administration efforts to jump-start peace process.
9. Life Issues: Brain-damaged Terri Schiavo wins a reprieve; prolife groups rally to support her.
Copyright © 2004 Christianity Today. Click for reprint information.
Find hope and historical insight. For a limited time, explore 60+ years of CT archives for free!
- Daily devotions from Timothy Dalrymple during this pandemic.
- Hundreds of theology and spiritual formation classics from Philip Yancey, Elisabeth Elliot, John Stott, and more.
- Thought journalism that inspires you to think more deeply about your faith.
- View the complete archive.
- Join now and get print issues access to archive PDFs.