(10) "Disney Croaks with Newest Princess Film," by Elrena Evans // Comments: 13
The voodoo and black magic in The Princess and the Frog made for a disturbing movie-viewing experience.
(9) "Consider the Vampire," by Laura Leonard // Comments: 10
Why the Twilight novels deserve our attention—and why they should raise concern.
(8) "When Stem Cell Research Isn't Embryonic," by Alicia Cohn // Comments: 12
Christians have reason to celebrate miracles of adult stem cell research.
(7) "Facebook and the Amazing Technicolor Bra Update," by Ruth Moon // Comments: 11
Does the bra-color meme—meant to raise cancer awareness—end up hurting women more than it helps them?
(6) "The Top 10 Her.meneutics Posts of the Year," compiled by Katelyn Beaty // Comments: 2
2009 was the year of viral dance videos, Christians mired in pageant scandals, reality TV marriages, and church burnout thrown in for good measure.
(5) "Resolving to Fail in 2010," by Lynn Roush, guest blogger // Comments: 2
New Year's resolutions are great, if they point us to our absolute dependence on God's grace to change.
(4) "LaVonne's Top 40 Books of the Decade," by LaVonne Neff // Comments: 4
A good list to take the next time you go to the library.
(3) "Confession: I Stopped Giving to the Church," by Sarah Pulliam Bailey // Comments: 18
There's something psychologically important about writing a check and putting it in the plate.
(2) "Matchmaker, Matchmaker, I Don't Want a Match," by Stephanie Krzywonos, guest blogger // Comments: 48
Most yentas mean well, but their meddling only adds unnecessary pressure to a single's life.
(1) "Where Was God in the Earthquake?" by Fleming Rutledge, guest blogger // Comments: 22 A theological response to the Haitian calamity. ...1
Already a CT subscriber? Log in for full digital access.
Subscribe to Christianity Today and get access to this article plus 65+ years of archives.
- Home delivery of CT magazine
- Complete access to articles on ChristianityToday.com
- Over 120 years of magazine archives plus full access to all of CT’s online archives
- Learn more