80%: Regular church attendees who believe they have a responsibility to share their faith with non-Christians
61%: Regular church attendees who have not shared the gospel in the past six months
Source: Lifeway Research
36.3 cents per dollar: What Americans (on average) believe nonprofits spend on overhead costs, per dollar donated
22.4 cents per dollar: What Americans (on average) believe is reasonable
25 cents (or less) per dollar: What 7 in 10 charities actually spend
Source: Grey Matter Research / Charity Navigator
12 million: Worldwide embership of the United Methodist Church
+68,341: Change in African membership in 2011
-71,971: Change in U.S. membership in 2011
Source: United Methodist News Service
Have something to add about this? See something we missed? Share your feedback here.
Subscribe to Christianity Today and get access to this article plus 65+ years of archives.
- Home delivery of CT magazine
- Complete access to articles on ChristianityToday.com
- Over 120 years of magazine archives plus full access to all of CT’s online archives
- Learn more
More from this Issue
Read These Next
- TrendingA Tale of Two New York City PastorsOne formed me. The other entertained me.
- From the MagazineOur Worship Is Turning Praise into Secular ProfitWith corporate consolidation in worship music, more entities are invested in the songs sung on Sunday mornings. How will their financial incentives shape the church?español
- Editor's PickDon’t Pretend the Ugandan Homosexuality Law Is ChristianNot everything that’s a sin is a crime—let alone one punishable by death.