Some of the most interesting movie news from the past few days:
- The Croods (our review) dominated the box office this weekend, taking the number one spot with $44.7 million. In a surprise move, however, Olympus Has Fallen outperformed and pushed Oz: The Great and Powerful to third place (our review). Read more box office results here.
- Good news for all fans of Simon Pegg and Nick Frost: The World's End, the final film in the unofficial trilogy of Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz, is now opening on August 23rd, two months earlier than intended. Read more about the film, and see some teaser photos, here.
- Robert Redford is in talks to join the Captain America sequel. If it works out, this will be the film icon's first role in a comic book movie. Redford's character will fill a mentor role as an older member of S.H.I.E.L.D. Read more here.
- Seth Rogen is officially signed on to direct and star in The Interview, a film about a talk show host and his producer who get mixed up in a plot to assassinate the prime minister of North Korea. James Franco is rumored as co-star. Read more here.
- Kate Winslet is joining the cast of Divergent, Summit Entertainment's upcoming action film, based on the popular YA series, about a dystopian future where "divergent" personality types are persecuted by the government. The film will open March 21, 2014.
Already a CT subscriber? Log in for full digital access.
Subscribe to Christianity Today and get access to this article plus 60+ years of archives.
- Home delivery of CT magazine
- Complete access to articles on ChristianityToday.com
- Over 120 years of magazine archives plus full access to all of CT’s online archives
- Learn more