Movies & TV
- CT MediaCT Media Presents: God Pops Up in the Horn of AfricaWhen a man from a tiny Ethiopian village heard about taking the gospel ‘to the ends of the earth,’ he knew exactly where to start.
- CT MediaCT Media Presents: God Pops Up in IndiaIn this episode, follow Anil’s journey to learn more about the man who he is convinced saved his mother.
- CT MediaCT Media Presents: God Pops Up in Southeast AsiaWhen the government blocked his Christian radio station, Chanda had to find another way to spread the Good News of Jesus. His answer came on a microchip.
- It’s Good When Bad Pastors Make Us MadI’d rather media and literature portray Christian leaders who stir up anger instead of apathy.
- ‘Everything Everywhere All at Once’ and the Paradox of Achieving ‘Nothing’Did Evelyn have anything to show for after a life in the laundromat? Did I as a homeschool mom?简体中文繁體中文
- ‘Women Talking’ Focuses on Survivors, Not AbusersThe Oscar–nominated film started a conversation that the church can learn from.
- ‘Everything Everywhere All at Once’ and the Beautiful Mystery of God’s SilenceWho knew two nonverbal rocks had so much to say?
- ‘Jesus Revolution’ Director: ‘We’re at the Forefront of a Return to God’Director Jon Erwin discusses his inspiration for the film and how history might be repeating itself today.
- Supernatural Signs Alone Cannot SaveAs “The Chosen” reminds us, Jesus performed many miracles—and yet still some failed to believe.español简体中文繁體中文
- Candace Cameron Bure Has a New Home for the HolidaysThe evangelical actor faces recent pushback for her decision to leave Hallmark for Great American Family, whose Christmas movies will center on “traditional marriage.”
- Where Angels Fear to Tread: Writing A TV Show About JesusThe screenwriters for “The Chosen” wanted a main character who is not like Superman.
- The Real Miracle on the Set of ‘The Chosen’ Is Christians Coming TogetherPeople around the world have found a passionate community in the hit show about Jesus. With a new season, can it keep navigating fan, investor, and religious demands?
- If You See Something Unjust, Say SomethingThe new Emmett Till film tells a story of racial apathy that still haunts the church today.
- The Demise of Jerry Falwell Jr. Makes for Great Media FodderBut how should Christians be engaging it?
- An Ark Mentality Can’t Survive an Anxiety-Flooded AgeIn a world of fear and turmoil, the story of Noah brings baptismal hope.españolPortuguês
- Jeffrey Dahmer and Killing Our True Crime ObsessionWhen serial killer stories rank among the country’s top shows, we’re guilty of fueling a dark trend.
- Southwestern Seminary President ResignsThe successor to Paige Patterson cites “reputational, legal, and financial realities” as he moves on to an IMB role.
- A Moral Primer on Amazon’s ‘Rings of Power’Tolkien’s kingdom of Númenor is a cautionary tale for us today.españolPortuguêsFrançais
- Forge the Ring, Pass the SoupAmazon’s “Rings of Power” series adds to what Tolkien termed the “Cauldron of Story,” where sub-creators mix up the stew of God’s creation.
- Meet the Christian Rap Duo from ‘Reservation Dogs’Hip hop artists Lil Mike and Funny Bone got their start performing at churches. Now they’re acting on FX’s critically acclaimed television series.
- Is There a Tiny Puritan Living in Your Head? Tell Him to Get Lost.God has set a feast for us in the world, and we shouldn’t feel guilty about savoring it.
- They Might Be Giants. (Or Angels. Or Superhuman Devils.)Who, or what, are the Nephilim? We don’t know—and maybe we don’t need to.
- ‘Turning Red’ Teaches Kids to Feed, Not Tame, the Beast WithinThe film departs from biblical wisdom on how we should deal with our inner mess.
News & Reporting
- Digital Bibles Help Men Read More But Retain LessData suggests Christians are unaware of the effect the medium has on the message.español
- The Stories Christianity Today Editors Hope You Didn't MissHow history's revivals teach us to prayer, when Jesus showed up in the anatomy lab, and what really happens when you disciple a murderer.
Top Story April 1, 2023This Palm Sunday, Ponder Donkeys, Not Branches
For his entry into Jerusalem, Jesus picked a symbol of lowliness rather than military might.
Enter The Vault
Browse our Full Library of online archives, including past issues of CT magazine.Access the Archives