Aids and HIV
Since AIDS was first recognized in 1981, the disease has killed more than an estimated 25 million people. Over 33 million people were living with HIV in 2009, including more than 2 million children. Addressing the AIDS pandemic and ministering to its victims has become an important issue for Christians throughout the world.
Have We Become Too Busy With Death?
As 4,900 people die each day from AIDS, African Christians ask themselves:
Why We're Losing the War Against HIV/AIDS
Harvard's Edward C. Green says health officials undermine abstinence and fidelity programs in Africa.
Cry, the Beloved Continent
Don't let AIDS steal African children's future.
- Christian Ministries: Say No to OrphanagesCOVID-19 crisis puts pressure on hard-hit nations with millions of caregivers dead. But family care is still preferred.español
- Quick To ListenEpisode 268|1 hr 7minRick Warren Mastered the Formula for Suburban Church GrowthWhy the “Purpose Driven” pastor connected with Southern Californians.
- Prayer amid PandemicEpisode 12|17minEven Fellow Believers Didn’t Understand Her Love for AIDS PatientsLittle was known about the epidemic. But Philomena Percival’s love for God prompted her to take risks for the sick in Guyana.
- Died: Sy Rogers, Who Testified God Changed His Sexual IdentityEx-gay leader encouraged people to pursue faith in “the darkest corners.”
- Looking for God in Disease and SufferingChristianity Today’s theological explorations of pain and sickness.
- How PEPFAR Galvanized Christians in the Fight to Eradicate AIDSAnd why advocates say US commitment to the cause cannot let up now.
- What Tim Keller and Michael Gerson Want You to Know About How America Spends Its Money“It’s possible for a church with deep resources for doing good to get co-opted by nationalism. I don’t want that to happen now.”
- Getting to Zero: On World AIDS Day, More Churches Work to Achieve Zero New InfectionsAs pandemic changes, church leaders develop fresh responses.
- Four Powerful Ways to Solve the Crisis in Orphan CareDespite fraud and scandal, resourceful evangelicals are meeting an urgent need.
- The Gospel in an LGBT WorldWhat the gospel means for those whose identity is their sexuality, and for you.