“Hear my prayer, O God; listen to the words of my mouth,” David wrote (Psalm 54:2). This sentiment is repeated throughout the psalms and the entire canon of Scripture as God’s people call out to him, uttering words of praise, confessing sin, seeking help, or expressing gratitude. In Matthew 6, Jesus taught his followers to pray using the Lord’s Prayer, a model that Christians around the world continue to use in both corporate and individual prayer. In other instances in Scripture, prayer is quiet and wordless—a time of stillness and listening to the Lord. Prayer is a central discipline of the Christian life; it is something Christians can do “continually” (1 Thess. 5:17) and “with all kinds of prayers” (Eph. 6:18) as we seek God and grow in intimacy with him.
- Knowing the Future Doesn’t Cure AnxietyOur true comfort comes in trusting in the one who holds tomorrow.Português
- A Revival in America Answered My Prayers for EuropeLook at history! Revivals rarely stay put.
- Died: Christian Atsu, Ghana Soccer Star who Praised God in EverythingThe Premier League winger known for his faith was killed in the earthquake in Turkey.
- ‘Pray for the End of the Dictatorship’: The Cries of Myanmar’s ChristiansPleas to God for unity, justice, and the strength to survive.
- Write a New Hymn unto the LordHymn writing should be a spiritual practice for everyday saints, not just for worship professionals.
- Asbury Professor: We’re Witnessing a ‘Surprising Work of God’Why I’m hopeful about the revival breaking out in our chapel and its implications for the campus and beyond.españolPortuguêsFrançais한국어Indonesian
- The Russell Moore ShowEpisode 38|40minSenator Coons’s Prayer Across the AislesFinding common ground in fragmented times.
- After Answered Prayers for Damar Hamlin, What’s Next?The faith intertwined with American football may also call us to care better for the players whose bodies bear the brunt of the sport.
- The State of Quiet Time: Who’s Most Likely to Practice Daily DevotionsSurvey finds that two-thirds of churchgoers set aside time with God at least every day, but practices vary.Português
- The Russell Moore ShowEpisode 30|52minMax Lucado’s Burnout Led to BreakthroughThe presence of the Holy Spirit in our time of need brings about rejuvenation.