God created humans as sexual beings. In Genesis, we read of husband and wife becoming “one flesh” (2:24); we also see the Fall’s impact on sexuality, as sin distorts humanity’s desires and corrupts our actions. Scripture addresses sexual sin frankly, from accounts of rape and adultery to prohibitions against lust and fornication. While we don’t find contemporary terms like “sexual harassment,” “pornography,” or “sex trafficking” in Scripture, we do find their ancient corollaries, for sexual sin is as old as humanity itself. Yet alongside Scripture’s depictions of sexual sin, we find accounts of grace and transformation, such as Paul’s discussion of “the sexually immoral,” in which he says, “that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God” (1 Cor. 6: 9, 11).
- Registered Sex Offender Continued to Minister to Chi Alpha StudentsSome Texas pastors supported and involved a man they knew was convicted of child sex abuse. Now more victims are coming forward.
- Ravi Zacharias Hid Hundreds of Pictures of Women, Abuse During Massages, and a Rape AllegationHis ministry, preparing to downsize in the wake of a new investigation, expresses regret for “misplaced trust” in a leader who used his esteem to conceal his sexual misconduct.españolPortuguêsFrançais简体中文한국어Indonesian繁體中文
- Hillsong Founder Awaits Verdict in Cover-Up CaseAn Australian court is weighing whether or not Brian Houston had a “reasonable excuse” not to report his father's sexual abuse to the police.
- The Birds and the Bees: How Over-Spiritualizing Sex Dismisses CreationThe current debates about sexuality are missing an ecological perspective.
- Jackie Hill Perry: I Loved My Girlfriend—but God Loved Me MoreHow an epiphany about the wages of my sin opened the door for his cleansing light.
- I Never Became Straight. Perhaps That Was Never God’s Goal.Why I embraced the Bible's sexual ethic before I understood it.Português
- TBN’s Jan Crouch Found Liable for Covering Up Granddaughter’s Alleged RapeJury awards $2 million in damages in civil lawsuit.
- Died: Marcus Lamb, Daystar Founder Who Believed TV Opened a Window for the Holy SpiritAfter setting himself apart from corrupt televangelists and achieving incredible early success, the Christian network chief lived from scandal to scandal.
- Willow Creek Elders and Pastor Heather Larson Resign over Bill HybelsChurch leaders apologize to Nancy Ortberg, Nancy Beach, Vonda Dyer, and other women with accusations: “We have no reason not to believe you.”
- Comedian John Crist Cancels Tour Over Sexual Harassment AllegationsThe viral entertainer confesses "sexual sin and addiction" following Charisma investigation.