- Why Did So Many Christians Support Slavery?Key reasons advanced by southern church leaders
- Patrick the SaintBehind the fanciful legends of the fifth-century British missionary stands a man worthy of embellishment.
- What Evangelicals Owe HaitiTo understand the island nation’s crisis and what the church must do now, start with what we didn’t do.español
- John NewtonReformed slave trader
- Why the Enslaved Adopted the Religion of Their Masters—and Transformed ItThe story of early African-American Christianity proves the power of the Resurrection against oppression.
- The Secret Religion of the SlavesThey often risked floggings to worship God.
- William WilberforceAntislavery politician
- Harriet TubmanThe "Moses" of Her People
- 25 Black Theologians Who Have Grown Our FaithScholars and authors reflect on the significance of African American leaders in the church.
- Olaudah Equiano’s Argument Against Slavery Was His Life ExperienceThe Igbo writer wrote honestly about the brutality of his experience—and of the Christian faith that sustained him.