- ‘I Am Called a Cult Leader. I Really Don’t Care.’How one of the world’s most beloved worship songs reportedly helped to fuel spiritual abuse at Wayne Jolley’s The Gathering International.
- Why Tennessee Is Just Now Looking at Lifting a Ban on Clergy in the LegislatureA Presbyterian was burnt in effigy, a Methodist was shot in the leg, and that’s just the start of the story of this constitutional prohibition.
- Dolly Parton: A Seeker and a Poor Sinful CreatureThere’s more to the singer’s faith than sunshine and blessings.
- I Untied My Noose and Took Up My CrossA serious drug arrest had darkened my horizon. But a sweet, soft voice whispered words of hope.
- Pentecostals Renounce RacismMemphis gathering begins mending historic rift.
- Wayne Jolley Dies as Dozens Leave The GatheringFounder of cult-like group in Franklin, Tennessee, was accused of spiritual and sexual abuse.
- By the Power Vested in Me by God Or the Internet: The Fight Over Online OrdinationsWith lay officiants on the rise, Tennessee’s ban spurs religious freedom challenge.
- Rethinking the $3,000 Missions TripWhen I learned that kids in my city couldn't swim, I started to rethink how much I'd invested in overseas missions.
- Adrian Rogers, Conservative Southern Baptist Trailblazer, Dies at 74Former SBC president, broadcaster, and pastor led charge in denomination over biblical inerrancy.
- The Belt Is Still Buckled: America's 100 Most Bible-Minded Cities of 2016Chattanooga reclaims crown, while five cities are less engaged with Scripture than Las Vegas.