The last couple of months for me have been travel-heavy. I've been to Phoenix, Asheville, Branson, San Antonio, Columbus, New Orleans, and a couple other cities... I think. They all seem to run together. And I'm not done either. I'm in Myrtle Beach today and Atlanta in the next couple of weeks as well.
But I'm not complaining. I enjoy getting to meet and speak to a variety of different denominations and groups. Unfortunately because of the schedules, I can't always spend as much time as I'd like with people who may have a quick question or just need some advice.
I receive several questions through Twitter and on my Facebook page, but it's hard to get to all of them as well. To be honest, I am not able to reply to most of them on Twitter. So, instead, I'm going to start a new monthly mailbag feature here on the blog that allows you to email your questions, and I'll try to answer as many as possible.
There are a few parameters for the questions, though:
- I won't be commenting on scandals or specific denominational news, so don't ask "What did you think when _____ happened?"
- I'll be publishing the answers with the questions here on the blog, so don't share something you don't want posted online.
- Avoid plain stats questions ("what percent of..."). That's what Google is for. Besides, 87% of stats are made up on the fly.
- Stay on message with this site when you ask your question. Let's keep it centered on the church, mission, leadership, revitalization, church planting, etc.
- I will likely combine two or three questions into one to avoid redundancy.
So with those parameters in place, the mailbag is open. To submit your questions, email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As an added bonus, I'll probably give away a study Bible or book to those who submit the best questions.