Ed Stetzer, Todd Adkins, and I recently celebrated our 100th episode on the NewChurches.com Q&A Podcast. It’s been such a joy to dream up and implement this idea of a podcast that answered real life church planting, multisite, and pastoral leadership questions. It's so encouraging to see that we're now getting over 20,000 downloads a month!
Our heart is to serve the church in her mission of making disciples by helping her multiply. That’s what this podcast is all about. As a result, twice a week, we answer listener submitted questions.
Here are the questions from our top 5 most downloaded episodes:
- Episode 1:As a young church planter, what are some blind spots that I need to be aware of?
- Episode 3:In a context with so few believers, what strategies would you recommend for church planters to expand their network in order to raise financial support?
- Episode 11:The growth is slow in my church. What are the growth barriers in church planting?
- Episode 59:On launch day, what would you recommend to preach on? What would be your first series?
- Episode 61:What are the differences in gifts and temperaments for someone who will revitalize a church vs someone who will plant a new church?
More than any other topic we covered, bivocational ministry was definitely the one with the most questions! This is because I believe it’s a trend for the future of church planting, as well as a topic with little to few resources out there.
Here are the episodes we’ve recorded so far on bivocational ministry:
- Episode 9: Bivocational and Missional Church Planting
- Episode 17: The Future of Bivocational Church Planting
- Episode 49: Marketplace Jobs and Bivocational Ministry
- Episode 63: Does the House Church Model Work in the West?
- Episode 65: Self-Sufficiency, Survivability, and Financial Expectations
- Episode 92: Bivocational Ministry
And as always, we love to speak in tweetables and quotables. So here are my favorite soundbytes from the 100 episodes:
- “If you do not kill and crush the simple and the complicated, then you will not have time for the complex.”
- “Spend time with the leaders and the lost.”
- “I don’t know that I’d do a Pokémon Go service, but I’d serve Pokémon Go participants.”
- “The natural result of growth is multiplication. We need to start somewhere.”
- “It’s easier to birth a baby than raise the dead.”
What questions do you have on church planting, multisite, multiplication, and leadership? Ed, Todd, and I are ready to answer them! Leave us a voicemail here and I promise you that we’ll answer it!
Here’s to another 100 episodes and counting! Subscribe today and never miss an episode.