What We Can Do Right Now
Here are ten ideas for you this week to share the gospel boldly and clearly.
- Pray over your neighborhood, take walks, and seek to share Christ specifically with a neighbor this week (socially distanced, of course).
- Do a Facebook Live or Instagram video on Good Friday, sharing how what Christ did for us transcends the pandemic we currently face.
- Type up your testimony (using this form if you need it). Post it on Good Friday on your social media feeds.
- Send a Good Friday email to everyone in your address book with your testimony.
- Call your neighbors, family members, friends, or anyone else you know who aren’t believers and ask them how you can pray for them. If the opportunity presents itself, share Christ.
- Post gospel-rich Scriptures everywhere on Good Friday. Canvass your influence with verses like Romans 5:6-8; 10:9-13; John 14:6.
- If you are a pastor, preach the gospel Easter Sunday. That should go without saying but I won’t assume anything these days. Preach the cross, call sinners to repent, compel people to respond to the grace of God. And, give a clear call to respond to the gospel
- Look for opportunities to show compassion to anyone you encounter whether in person, by phone, or via the Internet. Remember, people don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care.
- Pray this simple prayer each day this season: ”God, give me the boldness to proclaim the gospel like I’ve never had before. Give me an opportunity to share Christ with someone.”
- Reach out to any senior adults you know. Ask them how they are doing spiritually and offer to pray for them. Share your testimony with them.