William and Catherine Booth: Recommended Resources
The Booths soon after their 1855 marriage.
About the Booths
General Booth by G. S. Railton (London: The Salvation Army, 1912).
* Bread for My Neighbour: The Social Influence of William Booth by Frederick Coutts (London: Hodder and Stoughton, 1978).
* Catherine Booth by Catherine Bramwell-Booth (London: Hodder and Stoughton, 1970).
* The General Next to God by Richard Collier (London: Collins, 1965).
God’s Soldier: General William Booth, 2 vols., by S. J. Ervine (London: Heineman, 1934).
The Life of Catherine Booth, 2 vols., by Frederick de L. Booth-Tucker (New York: Revell, 1892).
The Life of General William Booth, 2 vols., by H. Begbie (New York: Macmillan, 1920).
* War on Two Fronts: The Redemptive Theology of William Booth by Roger Green (Atlanta: The Salvation Army, 1989).
By the Booths
* Female Ministry: Or, Woman’s Right to Preach the Gospel by Catherine Booth (New York: The Salvation Army, 1975 [orig. 1859]).
* In Darkest England and the Way Out by William Booth (London: Charles Knight, 1970 [orig. 1890]).
* Purity of Heart by William Booth (London: The Salvation Army, 1902).
* William & Catherine with Love] excerpts from their correspondence] by B. McCaughey (Toronto: The Salvation Army, 1989).
* Writings of Catherine Booth, 6 vols. (Atlanta: The Salvation Army, 1988).
About the Salvation Army
* Bibliography of Salvation Army Literature in English (1865–1987) by R. G. Moyles (New York: The Edwin Mellen Press, 1988).
* Christianity in Action by Henry Gariepy (Wheaton: Victor Books, 1990).
* Heralds of Victory: A History of the New York Staff Band, 1887–1987 by Ronald W. Holz (New York: The Salvation Army, 1987).
* History of the Salvation Army, Vol. 1–6 by Robert Sandall, Arch Wiggins, and Frederick Coutts (New York: The Salvation Army, ...