20 Ways to Make Somebody's Day
1. Spend an afternoon having water fights and playing outdoor games with some little kids in your neighborhood. They'll love it, and their parents will appreciate the free babysitting!
2. Send "thinking of you" cards to some guys and girls in your youth group who seem lonely.
3. Surprise Mom by offering to do this week's grocery shopping or laundry.
4. Bake some cookies for an elderly person in your neighborhood. When you drop off your treats, plan to stay awhile and talk.
5. Call your pastor or youth pastor and volunteer to help out around the church for a day.
6. Pick a bouquet of wild flowers for your neighbor.
7. Make it Christmas in July for a missionary family! Get your youth group friends together and buy some gifts for a missionary family from your church. (Contact your pastor or youth pastor for ideas on what to send.)
8. Shoot a roll of film of your family and send the pictures to your grandparents or other extended family members who may live far away.
9. Volunteer for a day at your local soup kitchen or the Salvation Army shelter.
10. Spend a day at the zoo or a park with your little brother or sister.
11. Smile and say "Hi!" to someone you don't know.
12. Send "thank you" cards to a few of your favorite teachers— including teachers from your elementary and junior high years. Tell them what you enjoyed most about your time in their classroom.
13. Have dinner ready when your parents come home from work.
14. Walk your neighbor's dog.
15. Treat a friend to a sundae at the local ice-cream shop.
16. Buy your mom a single rose.
17. Get together with some church friends and deliver homemade snacks to recent middle school "grads." Tell them you look forward to getting to know them at the high school youth group.
18. Give someone a big bear hug.
19. Spend an afternoon visiting residents at a local nursing home.
20. Don't stop now! Look for little ways to make somebody's day every single day!