- The congregations can be a reflection of each neighborhood’s personality
- Intimacy of worship for people intimidated by big crowds
- Every member can play an important role
- More opportunities for pastors of varying gift mixes
- Leadership failures have less visibility and do less damage
- Greater accountability
- More chances to experiment
- More chances to fail
- More chances to plant new churches
- More chances to succeed
- 100 venues and worship styles
- and more
Let’s Stop Competing and Start Working Together
The work of the Holy Spirit in neither enhanced or diluted by the size of the crowd.
We need each other.
Competition and jealousy have no place in the body of Christ. Just as the eye can’t tell the hand, “I don’t need you!”, the megachurch can’t tell the small church, “I don’t need you.” Or vice versa.
We all have something to bring. So let’s all bring what we have.
Copyright © 2016 by the author or Christianity Today/Leadership Journal.
Click here to read our guidelines concerning reprint permissions.