Best Books on the Small Church
- Help for the Small-Church Pastor by Steve R. Bierly (Zondervan, 1995). An overview of how the small church operates. Gives key insights into how family orientation affects the ministry.
- Activating Leadership in the Small Church by Steve Burt (Judson, 1988). Candidly deals with small-church characteristics and the effects on leadership. Focuses on volunteers and the process for selecting a pastor.
- Turnaround Strategies for the Small Church by Ron Crandall (Abingdon, 1995). Must reading for all small-church pastors, especially those dealing with churches in decline. Provides key insights on how the small church can become effective.
- Developing the Small Church Ministry by Glenn C. Daman (Available from the Institute of Small Church Health, 1997). Helps develop direction and goals. A guide to assess and develop relevant ministries.
- Developing Your Small Church's Potential by Carl S. Dudley and Douglas A. Walrath (Judson, 1988). Explains how small churches can be effective by adapting to sociological changes.