More than two-thirds of Christian parents say youth and children's programs are very important to their church experience, but less than half are satisfied with those programs. Those are the findings of a survey by our sister publication Christian Parenting Today. In fact, out of five areas surveyed, parents were least likely to be satisfied by the teen ministry. Parents were more pleased with the preaching and music, and only 14% said they are not satisfied with their church overall.
What parents are looking for: The survey asked, "Is this program extremely important to you?" and "Are you very satisfied?" Here are the responses:
- Children's programs—93% important, 45% satisfied.
- Sunday school—69% important, 39% satisfied
- Youth programs—69% important, 34% satisfied
- Preaching—75% important, 58% satisfied
- Music—51% important, 48% satisfied
The family altar: The survey found Christian parents are more likely to regulate their their kids' media exposure than to encourage development of their devotional ...1