Idea Bag for Promoting Missions
Emphasizing Missions in the Home:
- Pray for missionaries and missions as a family.
- Read and discuss missionary prayer letters.
- Correspond by letter or e-mail with a missionary family. Encourage younger members to correspond with a missionary child.
- Adopt a missionary family.
- Read missionary books and biographies as a family.
- Entertain missionary guests in your home.
- Show an interest in the missions program of your local church.
- Attend missionary meetings as a family.
- Make giving to missions a family function.
Emphasizing Missions in Sunday School:
- Pray for missions during the Sunday school class time.
- Order an information packet about the current VBS project to be used in Vacation Bible School, Awana, or Sunday school.
- Introduce and display missionary books.
- Utilize available videos, cassette tapes, maps, pictures and other multimedia.
- Present a short skit or role-play.
- Arrange to have missionary speakers visit your class.
- Assign students to report on a particular missionary, country, or problem they face.