Wednesday Link List: Bishop of Bling, Fight Church, and More
So, if I go to see one of the many faith-focused movies currently running, can I skip church that weekend? While you ponder that, here's this week's link-o-rama:
- A pastor reflects on being the one succeeding David Platt, even though Platt was never there. The downside of video preaching.
- The most interesting thing about Thom Rainer's late March list of Twenty of the Most Influential Evangelicals in America was the ongoing suggestions and amendments that appear in the comments.
- So … did Noah actually preach (as in the movie) or did his actions speak louder than words?
- Right now, John Hagee's Four Blood Moons is a huge bestseller in the Christian book market. But author Mark Hitchcock does not think the coming eclipses are prophetic markers.
- Last Thursday a New York Appeals Court overturned a 2012 ruling which now leaves schools unable to rent space to religious groups in NYC.
- Imagine having access to everything Billy Graham ever preached, from 1941 to 2006, typed, underlined and marked with his handwritten notes, for reading, printing, downloading and keyword searching. Now everyone can have free access.