No, I am your link
Wednesday Link List: The Behemoth, Pub Theology, and Evangelical Expats.
Another week that started with, "I think we'll only do about 20 links this time;" and ended with ...
- The idea of "technical virginity" while appearing honorable, may be placing in teens and young adults a flawed notion of what constitutes true purity.
- A case for more announcements in church. Wait, what? Shouldn't that read fewer announcements? ...
- ... In either case, an announcement or two might have been helpful when the pastor says, "Oh, and by the way, I sold the church building last week."
- Many preachers speak from the security of a typed manuscript. However, here are some thoughts if you decide to drive off road.
- Church History Lesson: Read a preview of chapter one of Matthew Paul Turner's book, Our Great Big American God, releasing in two weeks. (Pentecost, American Style happened long before 1906.)
- Is the age of celebrity pastors with adoring fans slowly waning?
- Known online only as Eagle, he shares his story as well as the things he wrestled with; the things so many wrestle with. (There will be four parts to this, part two is now available.)