Wednesday Link List: Ten Commandments of Electric Guitar, Dictionary of Christianese, and More
They left the worship band's spotlights on during the sermon this week, and my pastor saw his shadow, which meant six more points before the benediction. Here are some links as I try to forget ...
- If you didn't get enough football over the weekend, Chaplain Mike at Internet Monk has a detailed proposal for a football-themed megachurch.
- And then, sometimes, life hands you a story like this one: Justin Bieber, baptismal candidate.
- Ethicist Russell Moore's long running Q&A series is now a ten-minute podcast. On this sample, he's asked if a Christian should accept treatment with medical marijuana. (Check out the other four podcasts available, too.)
- Is there eternal security for Christmas presents? A distraught mom comes up with an instant twist on parenting the temper tantrum child.
- What do you get when you cross a progressive Jewish congregation with a black gospel church? Interesting choir music.
- Remember that thing last week where the Pope released a couple of doves and they got attacked? Well ... here's the same story only from one year ago, and with Pope Benedict instead of Francis; deja vu all over again. (Time to rethink this one, yes?)