Welcome to the first (official) Wednesday Link List at PARSE. Cleans up real nice, don't ya think?
- A Christian radio host says that the 'yuck factor' children have when first introduced to the idea of gay sex is slowly disappearing. Needless to say, her new book is the target of not-so-favorable reviews.
- Joni Eareckson Tada is nominated for an Oscar … for singing; beating out Taylor Swift and Coldplay. Honestly, we don't make these stories up.
- The naked girl in the iconic, prize-winning photograph of the Vietnam war is alive and well and speaking about her Christian faith.
- The cute story which ended last weekend's sermon may not be a candidate for snopes.com, but sociologist Bradley Wright says that often pastors rely on unfounded statistics that don't survive a fact check …
- … Meanwhile, Wright and pastor John Ortberg have collaborated to produce SoulPulse, a smart phone app to help you gauge spirituality.
- Tony Campolo is preparing to step down as President of an organization he began nearly 40 years ago. But another writer charitably suggests that "200 speaking engagements" hardly constitutes retirement.
Support Our Work
Subscribe to CT for less than $4.25/month