By the look of it, this "internet" thing could be really big someday. Here's this week's highlights:
- Christian groups are asking a top rated cable network to call off the series Black Jesus, scheduled to debut a week from tomorrow.
- When an evangelism team blitzes nursing homes, residents know they can't defer the decision for ten years.
- In Canada's French-language province, a church closes every week.
- You thought the comment sections of Christian blogs were heated, but that's nothing compared the writing and rewriting that goes on at Wikipedia pages for Jesus, Christianity, The Catholic Church, etc.
- Worst case scenario: When dissent at a local church, in this case Mars Hill Seattle, appears in mainstream media.
- The members of Protect Portland Children bought a full-page ad in the local alternative weekly to warn parents about Child Evangelism Fellowship's conversion tactics.
- Nine suggestions for pastors entering a new church, or first time pastors. (Sample: #1—"You have only four jobs ...")