Out of several hundred possibilities, these were some things that got my attention this week:
- Essay of the Week: A moment-by-moment close-up look at church persecution in China.
- Those polls about church attendance? It seems not everybody is being entirely honest.
- More than just topical vs. exegetical, this author contrasts the larger nuances of Reformed vs. non-Reformed preaching.
- Infographic of the Week: A look at developments in missions and faith in Africa.
- The California wildfires just missed the home of Christian singer and actor Rebecca St. James.
- A report just released shows America's largest Protestant denomination experienced a 13% decline in baptisms in 2012, the largest decline in 62 years.
- Here are six highlights from the Patheos live event last week concerning Michael Vines' God and the Gay Christian.
- CNN offers a list of the eight worst places to be a Christian. (And no, Massachusetts isn't one of them.)
- A Church-planter who knows reviews BiVo, a new book on bi-vocational ministry.