A bumper harvest this week (get coffee before reading).
- The downside of giftedness: "When we elevate people in the church based on our need and their gifts, we put everyone in a precarious position."
- This book's publicity was so ubiquitous this week, it's hard to imagine that eleven publishers said 'no.'
- A 2,400 seat auditorium and only 150 in attendance. New Birth Church in Charlotte has entered foreclosure.
- Two weeks ago, someone posted a threatening note on the doors of every church in Ashland, Nebraska.
- VBS Debrief: In a two-part essay, a mom recalls the realization that the program in which her kids were registered was too focused on peripheral issues. Part One: Initial concerns. Part Two: Pulling the kids out.
- Rapidly shifting demographics in the UK church: "In five decades, the number of people with no religion in Britain has grown from just 3 per cent of the population to nearly half, according to a new survey. Among adults aged under 25, nearly two-thirds define themselves as "nones", or people with no religious affiliation ..."