Ed Stetzer, Ph.D., holds the Billy Graham Chair of Church, Mission, and Evangelism at Wheaton College, serves as Dean of the School of Mission, Ministry, and Leadershp at Wheaton College, and serves as Executive Director of the Billy Graham Center. He has planted, revitalized, and pastored churches, trained pastors and church planters on six continents, holds two masters degrees and two doctorates, and has written dozens of articles and books. He is Regional Director for Lausanne North America and publishes research through Mission Group.
Previously, he served as Executive Director of LifeWay Research.
Stetzer is a contributing editor for Christianity Today, a columnist for Outreach Magazine, and is frequently cited or interviewed in news outlets such as USAToday and CNN. He is the Executive Editor of The Gospel Project, a curriculum used by more than one million individuals each week. Stetzer is also Executive Editor of Facts & Trends Magazine, a Christian leadership magazine with a circulation of more than 70,000 readers.
In 2015, he began serving as the co-host of the BreakPoint This Week radio program with John Stonestreet. He also serves as Visiting Professor of Research and Missiology at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, Visiting Research Professor at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary, and has taught at many other colleges and seminaries.
He serves as interim teaching pastor of Moody Church in Chicago.
If you would like to inquire about Ed speaking at an event, please send an email to email@example.com with details about the event.
He has written the following books:
- Planting New Churches in a Postmodern Age (2003)
- Perimeters of Light: Biblical Boundaries for the Emerging Church (w/ Elmer Towns, 2004)
- Breaking the Missional Code: Your Church Can Be a Missionary in Your Community (w/ David Putman, 2006)
- Planting Missional Churches (2006)
- Comeback Churches: How 234 Churches Turned around and Yours Can Too (with Mike Dodson, 2007)
- 11 Innovations in the Local Church (with Elmer Towns and Warren Bird, 2007)
- Compelled by Love: The Most Excellent Way to Missional Living (with Philip Nation, 2008)
- Lost and Found: The Younger Unchurched and Churches that Reach Them (with Richie Stanley and Jason Hayes, 2009)
- Viral Churches: How Church Planters Can Become Movement Makers (with Warren Bird, 2010)
- Spiritual Warfare & Missions (with Jerry Rankin, 2010)
- Transformational Church (with Thom Rainer, 2010)
- MissonShift: Mission Issues in the Third Millenium (with David J. Hesselgrave, 2010)
- Compelled: Living the Mission of God (with Philip Nation, 2011)
- The Mission of God Study Bible (with Philip Nation, 2012)
- Subversive Kingdom: Becoming Agents of Gospel Transformation (2012)
- Transformational Groups (with Eric Geiger, 2014)
His writings on this blog, and on social media, are his opinions and do not necessarily represent the institutions and organizations where he serves or with whom he affiliates.