Amway Evangelism
A classic cartoon by Steve Phelps.
November 03, 2008

Displaying 1–9 of 9 comments

Katherine

January 13, 2014  9:49pm

Over 80 percent of Americans identify themselves as Christians, which means that the gospel has already been spread. We, the other 20 percent, have free access to Christian churches and literature that is online and in every neighborhood in this country. Evangelism is redundant and makes us feel uncomfortable. If you don't believe this, ask some non-Christian people how they feel about it. Color it any way you please, but evangelicals are telling the rest of us that if we don't adopt their religion that we will burn in hell. Naturally, many of us take offense to that. My advice is to live and let live. If your belief system truly follows the golden rule then your churches will always be full.

Report Abuse

Rob Hepple

December 12, 2008  3:09am

It is most unfortunate that the comments here show that "so called" christians dont even know their own bibles. Networking is a biblical principle. Read Exodus chapter 18 and if perhaps you don't know, Christ was the ultimate networker when he sent his disciples out into the world to spread the gospel. It really worked didn't it. Ignorance is truly bliss.

Report Abuse

jByrd

November 04, 2008  1:32pm

Replace 'sign up' with 'equip'. Besides preaching from the pulpit, I can't remember when I saw a pastor actually witnessing. So much for lead by example. It usually goes "I'll 'equip' you to go reach the lost while I stay here...ah...praying and seeking God's direction for the body. I'm the coach on the sideline while you need to be on the field playing." The example is set, help others do the real work. Okay, so I live in New England and no one really cares about the next guy unless something is in it for me.

Report Abuse

speedygeoff

November 04, 2008  3:44am

They're onto me! Love your work.

Report Abuse

thinkingal

November 03, 2008  10:06pm

hmmm.... I saw this in a book recently that described how to set up your Cell Groups. I laughed and laughed cause I used to be part of Amway. It's just too funny. Now what? This thinking has permeated the church. Is there any going back?

Report Abuse

thinkingal

November 03, 2008  10:04pm

hmmm.... I saw this in a book recently that described how to set up your Cell Groups. I laughed and laughed cause I used to be part of Amway. It's just too funny. Now what? This thinking has permeated the church. Is there any going back?

Report Abuse

preacherman

November 03, 2008  2:18pm

I love this cartoon! It is amazing how many believers do think this is the way to do evangelism.

Report Abuse

sheerahkahn

November 03, 2008  10:31am

And yet, in a really strange yet Dogbert, ala Dilbert cartoon-like way...it makes sense.

Report Abuse

Leo

November 03, 2008  8:58am

LOVE IT!!! Printed it...will be using it tonight for visitation!!! Unfortunately...it's too true...

Report Abuse