The little-known history of Christianity’s icon of generosity.
December 17God’s Defense Attorney
December 16Why Torture Is a Complete Failure
December 15Christianity Today's 2015 Book Awards
December 12Why Personal Devotions Aren’t Enough
December 11Christian Bale and Joel Edgerton on Reading the Bible, Making a Modern 'Exodus'
December 10Kay Warren: Stop Sending Cheery Christmas Cards
GleaningsImportant Developments in the Church and the World
- Dec 17,
Sorry Again, John 3:16: The World's 10 Most Popular Bible Verses of 2014YouVersion studies which scriptures 164 million users shared and remembered most this year.
- Dec 16,
Does the Gospel Mandate Racial Reconciliation? White Pastors Agree More Than Black PastorsRecent research informs today's A Time To Speak conference, where Bryan Loritts, John Piper, Matt Chandler, and others will discuss race.
- Dec 15,
Do They Know It's Christmas in Sierra Leone? Ebola Cancels CelebrationsDeadly disease brings a bit more accuracy to much-maligned Band Aid advocacy song.
- Dec 15,
Kony 2012's Invisible Children Makes Major Cuts for One Final Year Fighting the LRA'Heavy-hearted' but 'incredibly proud,' advocacy group plans to shutter most operations by end of 2015.
- Bringing True Joy to the WorldHow we can avoid over-sentimentalizing the holidays.
- Global Connect Brazil: Join Us in Planting Churches in Northeast BrazilWould you consider partnering in gospel ministry in Northeast Brazil?(The Exchange)
- Dios siempre sanaBuenas nuevas para nuestros cuerpos—en esta vida y en la venidera.
- How Infinitely Big Is God? Perhaps smaller than a fraction of a fraction.(BehemothMag.com)
- The Man Who Humanized WarHe still shapes our wartime ideals 150 years later.
- Why You Can't Read Scripture AloneStudying the Bible in light of the Great Tradition.
- The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five ArmiesIn which myth becomes a mess.
- The Dangers of Door-to-Door EvangelismWhy winning people for Christ needs something better than a polished sales pitch.