J. R. Briggs sympathizes with church leaders who don't live up to expectations.
July 22What We Talk About When We Talk About 'Birth Control'
July 21New Executive Orders on LGBT Discrimination Don't Exempt Religious Orgs
July 18Beyond the Echo Chamber on Gender Roles
July 17How to Avoid the Church's 'Hero Culture'
July 16Religious Freedom vs. LGBT Rights? It's More Complicated
July 15What Makes a Company Division 'Christian'?
GleaningsImportant Developments in the Church and the World
- Jul 21,
Mosul's Last Christians Flee Iraq's Hoped-For Christian Stronghold(UPDATED) Historic community comes to 'a real end' after ISIS ultimatum tells Christians to convert, pay tax, or die.
- Jul 18,
China May Free Gao Zhisheng, Christian lawyer, on Aug. 7More than 151,000 signed petition for his release.
- Jul 18,
New Movies to Highlight Friendship Between Creators of Narnia and Middle EarthAs Hollywood works its way through dramatizing the fantasy novels, several hope to tell a more historical tale of real-world friendship.
- Jul 17,
Muslim Sues Kenya's Catholic Bishops for DiscriminationBishops sued as they lobby for peace amidst coastal violence.
- The Stereotypical Christians of 'Orange Is the New Black'The series’ groundbreaking diversity disappoints in the realm of religion.
- Morning Roundup 7/23/14Oklahoma Same-Sex Marriage; Glory Days; Retro Report
- Searching for African American ProtagonistsWhy I want my kids to read about lives that seem different from theirs.
- Developing a 'We' CultureYouth problems are our problems.
- Fatherhood's Call to DutyA love that knows its responsibilities.
- An Explosion of JoyWhat it means to be the apostolic church.
- A Five Star LifeIs there really only one way to live luxuriously?
- Beyond the Echo Chamber on Gender RolesOur notion of male and female begins with a robust understanding of creation.