Why this 'new spirituality' is really just old-fashioned syncretism.
GleaningsImportant Developments in the Church and the World
- Feb 23,
All 240 Family Christian Stores Are ClosingMore than 3,000 employees will be laid off in the liquidation of one of America’s largest Christian retailers.
- Feb 23,
Pakistan Convicts 42 Christians of Terrorism After Acquitting More Than 100 MuslimsDivergent verdicts on two of Lahore's biggest religious riots undercuts optimism for new law.
- Feb 21,
Died: Doug Coe, Humble Faith in the Halls of PowerHis Fellowship is the force behind DC discipleship and the National Prayer Breakfast.
- Feb 20,
How Pastors Perceive Domestic Violence DifferentlyMost pastors want their churches to be a safe haven, but don’t have a plan to get there.
- A Stroke Freed Me to Redefine BeautyFormer model Katherine Wolf reveals how a nearly fatal experience altered her faith.
- Empowering Leaders for Strategic Evangelism LeadershipLeaders have the capacity to affect great changes in their communities.(The Exchange)
- Cinco 'grande' para líderes de iglesias hispanasNo se crea la mentira de que su congregación no puede hacer grandes cosas para Dios.
- Magi, Wise Men, or Kings? It’s Complicated.Christian tradition finds meaning in each of these mysterious monikers.
- A Psalm for the Refugee Crisis in AmericaWhen our government is wrong, the church responds by doing what is right.
- Boring Church Services Changed My LifeWhile I fought to keep my eyes open, the gospel pressed deep into my heart.
- How Christian Artists Blow the Whistle on Cultural PollutionAn excerpt from ‘Culture Care.’
- There’s No Crying on Social Media!Young adults are desperate not to let peers see any signs of weakness or failure.