(UPDATED) But Obama won't withdraw memo on religious discrimination.
July 18Beyond the Echo Chamber on Gender Roles
July 17How to Avoid the Church's 'Hero Culture'
July 16Religious Freedom vs. LGBT Rights? It's More Complicated
July 15What Makes a Company Division 'Christian'?
July 14Andy Stanley: Assume People Are Biblically Illiterate (But Not Dumb)
July 11My Bright Sadness
GleaningsImportant Developments in the Church and the World
- Jul 21,
Mosul's Last Christians Flee Iraq's Hoped-For Christian StrongholdHistoric community comes to 'a real end' after ISIS ultimatum tells Christians to convert, pay tax, or die.
- Jul 18,
China May Free Gao Zhisheng, Christian lawyer, on Aug. 7More than 151,000 signed petition for his release.
- Jul 18,
New Movies to Highlight Friendship Between Creators of Narnia and Middle EarthAs Hollywood works its way through dramatizing the fantasy novels, several hope to tell a more historical tale of real-world friendship.
- Jul 17,
Muslim Sues Kenya's Catholic Bishops for DiscriminationBishops sued as they lobby for peace amidst coastal violence.
- How Poor Could They Be? On going broke and getting judged.
- Morning Roundup 7/21/14Literal Bible; How Americans View Religions; Camps Built on Rich Heritage
- Don't Worry, Be Happy—According to JesusRemembering the reason and way to let go of our worries.
- Developing a 'We' CultureYouth problems are our problems.
- Fatherhood's Call to DutyA love that knows its responsibilities.
- An Explosion of JoyWhat it means to be the apostolic church.
- BoyhoodYou and I would never have the patience to make this movie, and make it this good.
- Beyond the Echo Chamber on Gender RolesOur notion of male and female begins with a robust understanding of creation.