In the era of massive data collection, Uncle Sam snoops on a grand scale.
September 16Why Can't Men Be Friends?
September 15I Didn’t Marry My Best Friend
September 12Table Manners: Why We Take Communion Every Week
September 11Ladies, Put Down That Pink Bible
September 10Should Satan Be Part of Evangelism and Early Discipleship?
September 09It's All Gift
GleaningsImportant Developments in the Church and the World
- Sep 15,
James MacDonald Asks Forgiveness for Unbiblical Discipline of Harvest Bible Chapel EldersMegachurch pastor confesses board slandered three elders as 'false messengers' last year.
- Sep 12,
Does Islam Encourage Violence More Than Other Religions?New Pew survey examines who says yes and no.
- Sep 12,
How 727 Megachurches Spend Their MoneyLeadership Network and Vanderbloemen find what determines pastor salaries (and who might be most underpaid).
- Sep 12,
Should Pastors Follow Pope Francis and Marry Cohabiting Couples?Scenario is increasingly common in Protestant congregations.
- Jesus Loves the Little Children… But I Don’t A childless millennial’s quest to become a “kid person.”
- Morning Roundup 9/17/14Stewarding Marriage; Baptist Decline; Stories and Evangelism
- Me and Richard Dawkins--Not That Different After All?The temptation of utilitarianism.
- Life Together, AgainAfter Hobby Lobby, vibrant corporate life is needed more than ever.
- What the New Majority-Minority Public Schools Mean for ChristiansThe issue isn’t 'leave or stay' but 'how to serve.'
- Table Manners: Why We Take Communion Every WeekIt's a meal that often divides us. It needn't be that way.
- The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby: ThemAll the lonely people, though not enough of either of them.
- Slow and Steady Builds the ChurchSlick programs and efficient business models are no substitute for the patient work of discipleship. A review of John Pattison and C. Christopher Smith's 'Slow Church.'