Six years later, 'When Helping Hurts' is still shaking up the church’s approach to charity.
GleaningsImportant Developments in the Church and the World
- Featured Post
Christian College President Quits After Attempted Layoff of Pro-Evolution Professor(UPDATED) Trustees stand by decision to drop Tom Oord.
- Jun 29,
Struggle over Same-Sex Marriage's Religious Liberty Ramifications BeginsLiberty Institute sees good news, but other Christian legal groups disagree.
- Jun 29,
Did Supreme Court Skip the More Important ObamaCare Subsidies?Pro-life groups argue taxpayer premiums are still funding abortions on demand.
- Jun 26,
Here's What Supreme Court Says about Same-Sex Marriage and Religious Freedom(UPDATED) Justices disagree whether one paragraph gives enough protection.
- Healing Mission Field PTSDHow trauma counseling helps missionaries and the populations they serve.
- Morning Roundup 6/29/15TEDS Gets Grant; Christian Denominations; Same-sex Marriage(The Exchange)
- Reconciliadora Jeanne Bishop ha ayudado a miles de clientes a ser redimidos de los crímenes que han cometido. Ahora está ayudando a redimir al hombre que mató a su hermana.
- How to Become InvisibleScientists are working harder than ever to help us disappear. But maybe Christians already have.(BehemothMag.com)
- Hope in the Face of Intractable RacismThe church provides two gifts to the conversation on race.
- No, Prayer Isn’t Really a ConversationEven in the New Testament, talking with God is mostly unilateral. But he does answer.
- Infinitely Polar BearMark Ruffalo is superb as a man with bipolar disorder struggling to keep his family together.
- Augustines for the 21st CenturyThe church needs more pastors who write and preach top-notch theology.