Baptist pastor Hanna Massad speaks openly about what he sees happening as he helps to shelter Gaza’s Christians and others during the current conflict.
August 21We Need More Than Liturgy
August 20The Spiritual Blessings of Seeking Solitude
August 19I Was Saved at Open Communion
August 18Singer in the City
August 15John Perkins: The Sin of Racism Made Ferguson Escalate So Quickly
August 14The Broken Beauty of the Global Church
GleaningsImportant Developments in the Church and the World
- Aug 21,
Behind Ferguson: How Black and White Christians Think Differently About RaceFindings from significant study of religion and race in America inform debate over reactions to Michael Brown's death.
- Aug 19,
Eli Lilly’s Church Claims JP Morgan Chase Mismanaged MillionsPastor-supporting philanthropist’s 'religious home' alleges it lost $13 million from bank’s big fees and bad investments.
- Aug 19,
Ebola Keeps Mercy Ships, African Evangelical Leaders Away from West Africa'This type of contagious situation is unprecedented' in past two decades, says medical ministry.
- Aug 14,
Worship Songwriter Vicky Beeching Comes Out as GayThe CCM worship world has its Jennifer Knapp moment.
- Christian Couple Responds After #ShareACoke Baby Announcement Goes ViralDad-to-be: “The beauty of the video was that we didn’t intend for this to happen.”
- Church Signs of the Week: August 22, 2014Negatives; Good Idea; Unity?
- Multiculturalism Beyond Photo Ops and PotlucksAn interview with reconciliation scholar Dominique Gilliard.
- Life Together, AgainAfter Hobby Lobby, vibrant corporate life is needed more than ever.
- What We Talk About When We Talk About 'Birth Control'Meaningful debate requires us to define the terms of discussion.
- Table Manners: Why We Take Communion Every WeekIt's a meal that often divides us. It needn't be that way.
- The GiverIt isn’t really a narrative that adapts well, because it isn’t really a narrative at all.
- Beyond the Echo Chamber on Gender RolesOur notion of male and female begins with a robust understanding of creation.