Chuck Smith’s successor says he is expanding founder’s vision. Other leaders say he’s diluting it.
GleaningsImportant Developments in the Church and the World
- Feb 27,
What to Give Up for Lent 2017? Consider Twitter’s Top IdeasWhere will Trump fall among this year’s top 100 choices?
- Feb 26,
Tim Keller Stepping Down as Redeemer Senior PastorThe influential Reformed leader is moving away from his NYC pulpit as his church becomes three.
- Feb 24,
Half of Hispanic Christians Worry About Deportation Under TrumpPew: Latino Protestants most likely to rate Trump a ‘terrible’ president.
- Feb 24,
Black Churches Matter: Research Ties Attendance to Positive OutcomesAfrican Americans who worship regularly are better able to handle racism and discrimination.
- Give Your Kids the Gift of AbsenceTime and attention are not the only ways to bless our children.
- When Coffee Isn't Enough: Reflecting on Relationships & Gospel WitnessThe most valuable resource we can offer is the Gospel.(The Exchange)
- Cinco 'grande' para líderes de iglesias hispanasNo se crea la mentira de que su congregación no puede hacer grandes cosas para Dios.
- The Forgotten Final Resting Place of William BordenThe most influential missionary of the early 20th century never made it to the mission field.
- A Psalm for the Refugee Crisis in AmericaWhen our government is wrong, the church responds by doing what is right.
- Leaving Your Church the Right WayThe application and hiring process is awkward—so awkward—when you love your current congregation.
- 'Moonlight' Is a Flawed, But Rewarding Exercise in Christian EmpathyThe Oscar favorite's portrayal of black, gay experience is at odds with a biblical sexual ethic—but for some, it might be worth the discomfort.
- There’s No Crying on Social Media!Young adults are desperate not to let peers see any signs of weakness or failure.