GleaningsImportant Developments in the Church and the World
- Sep 1,
The One Percent: Why So Few Pastors Quit A 'Brutal Job'How 1,500 ministers feel about their past pulpits and current churches.
- Aug 31,
Ligonier Suspends R. C. Sproul Jr. over Ashley Madison VisitReformed leader admits accessing adultery website 'in a moment of weakness, pain, and from an unhealthy curiosity.'
- Aug 25,
Westmont Grieves Passing of Former President David WinterLongtime Christian educator helped found the CCCU.
- Aug 24,
65,000 Pro-Life Advocates Protest at 342 Planned Parenthood Sites(UPDATED) 'The tide has turned' against leading abortion provider, claims pro-life leader.
- Persecuted, Abused, Displaced: The Christian Women Who Somehow Still Stand StrongA religious freedom advocate looks at the factors that keep faith communities resilient in conflict.
- Morning Roundup 9/3/15Finding Contentment; Holy Spirit Fears; Few Pastors Quit(The Exchange)
- Lamentaciones: Una botella para las lágrimas del mundoLo que uno de los libros de la Biblia más ignorados nos enseña sobre nuestros lamentos de dolor.
- The DriftersPlankton planet: Meet the creatures who make up 98 percent of the oceans’ biomass.(BehemothMag.com)
- Is The National Catholic Reporter's Hudson Exposé a Big Deal?Plus: Democratic candidate leaves Catholic Charities post, school chief quits over Ten Commandments, and other stories from online sources around the world.
- No, Prayer Isn’t Really a ConversationEven in the New Testament, talking with God is mostly unilateral. But he does answer.
- Sinister 2A bloody roller coaster with unappealing hills and underwhelming drops.
- Mockin' the SuburbsWhy city-loving Christians are wrong to sneer.