Millionaire lawyer Mark Lanier moonlights as a Sunday school teacher.
December 16Why Torture Is a Complete Failure
December 15Christianity Today's 2015 Book Awards
December 12Why Personal Devotions Aren’t Enough
December 11Christian Bale and Joel Edgerton on Reading the Bible, Making a Modern 'Exodus'
December 10Kay Warren: Stop Sending Cheery Christmas Cards
December 09Michael Lindsay on Covenant and Conflict at Gordon College
GleaningsImportant Developments in the Church and the World
- Dec 16,
Does the Gospel Mandate Racial Reconciliation? White Pastors Agree More Than Black PastorsRecent research informs today's A Time To Speak conference, where Bryan Loritts, John Piper, Matt Chandler, and others will discuss race.
- Dec 15,
Do They Know It's Christmas in Sierra Leone? Ebola Cancels CelebrationsDeadly disease brings a bit more accuracy to much-maligned Band Aid advocacy song.
- Dec 15,
Kony 2012's Invisible Children Makes Major Cuts for One Final Year Fighting the LRA'Heavy-hearted' but 'incredibly proud,' advocacy group plans to shutter most operations by end of 2015.
- Dec 15,
Christian Advocates Approve of First Non-Christian Ambassador of Religious FreedomUS Senate confirms influential rabbi, David N. Saperstein, to fill vacant office.
- Our Own Kind of Time Entering Advent and getting caught up in the church calendar.
- Salvation and the Mission of God: John Hammett Part 1Dr. John Hammett elaborates on the role of election in salvation and the scope of the atonement.(The Exchange)
- Dios siempre sanaBuenas nuevas para nuestros cuerpos—en esta vida y en la venidera.
- How Infinitely Big Is God? Perhaps smaller than a fraction of a fraction.(BehemothMag.com)
- The Man Who Humanized WarHe still shapes our wartime ideals 150 years later.
- Why You Can't Read Scripture AloneStudying the Bible in light of the Great Tradition.
- Inherent ViceThe center was not holding.
- Evangelical Sex Talk Is About Much More Than SexOur views on life inside the bedroom can shape our approach to life outside the bedroom.