Guest / Limited AccessSubscribe
GleaningsImportant Developments in the Church and the World
- Aug 23,
A Splintered Boko Haram Becomes an Even Greater Threat to ChristiansThe plight of the 218 kidnapped Chibok schoolgirls remains uncertain after a recent split in the world’s deadliest terrorist group.
- Aug 19,
Southern Africans Set to Test Anglican Ban on Same-Sex UnionsThe province is scheduled to vote on gay clergy and blessing civil unions.
- Aug 18,
Same-Sex Couples More Likely to Ask Presbyterian Pastors to Marry ThemMore pastors are open to LGBT people serving in their churches than being married there, LifeWay finds.
- Aug 16,
The Promised Law: Christians Wait for Egypt to Authorize New ChurchesCurrent laws, which have been in place since 1856, require Christians to get the consent of the local Muslim community—and the country’s president—before building a church.
- Let Them Bake CakesThe Great British Baking Show teaches me about offering and receiving friendship in a fractured world.
- Reconciling Witness And Worship: Six Ways To BeginImagine a church that considers its’ surrounding ‘neighbors’ and the future majority of our country in developing practices of worship.(The Exchange)
- Por qué el sexo conyugal es justicia socialNo tan sólo es un modelo bíblico sólido—sino también es bueno para que la humanidad florezca.
- From Jesus to Mary and Back Again: The History of the AnnunciationThe surprising reason it falls during Lent, and why it has been important for fighting heresy and abortion.
- Why Jesus, Not Salvation, Is God’s Greatest Gift to UsWe’re too quick to see the What instead of the Who.
- The Long Road to Building Israel's First Post-Statehood ChurchDespite fierce opposition, these Israeli Christians are making history with their new home.
- Kubo and the Two StringsA boy, a monkey, a beetle, and a lot of origami.
- A Portrait of America’s First AtheistsWhat life was like for unbelievers long before Christopher Hitchens and company arrived on the scene.