Guest / Limited AccessSubscribe
GleaningsImportant Developments in the Church and the World
- Aug 23,
A Splintered Boko Haram Becomes an Even Greater Threat to ChristiansThe plight of the 218 kidnapped Chibok schoolgirls remains uncertain after a recent split in the world’s deadliest terrorist group.
- Aug 19,
Southern Africans Set to Test Anglican Ban on Same-Sex UnionsThe province is scheduled to vote on gay clergy and blessing civil unions.
- Aug 18,
Same-Sex Couples More Likely to Ask Presbyterian Pastors to Marry ThemMore pastors are open to LGBT people serving in their churches than being married there, LifeWay finds.
- Aug 16,
The Promised Law: Christians Wait for Egypt to Authorize New ChurchesCurrent laws, which have been in place since 1856, require Christians to get the consent of the local Muslim community—and the country’s president—before building a church.
- A Lament for Louisiana After the FloodsAs I grieve the tragedy in my home state, I’ve found solace in a surprising place.
- Recovery After Disaster: Lessons From Katrina For TodayIt's been 11 years since Hurricane Katrina. And there is still much we can learn from that disaster.(The Exchange)
- The First in My Family to Graduate CollegeNone of my family graduated from high school. My father was a Cuban musician and my mother was a singer.
- From Jesus to Mary and Back Again: The History of the AnnunciationThe surprising reason it falls during Lent, and why it has been important for fighting heresy and abortion.
- Why Jesus, Not Salvation, Is God’s Greatest Gift to UsWe’re too quick to see the What instead of the Who.
- 7 Pulpit Alternatives for the Desperate Church PlanterWhen your sanctuary comes from a storage trailer, sometimes you need to get creative.
- The HollarsWhat can you do with your regrets?
- Fearless Faith in a Time of ForgettingOur culture can’t remember what makes Christianity good, but there's no reason to freak out.