For complementarian women, the debate was more than abstract.
GleaningsImportant Developments in the Church and the World
- Aug 31,
Teens Read Bible More During the School YearThe latest study from Barna also shows how many teens think the Bible offers hope, and whether their house rules are influenced by Scripture.
- Aug 23,
A Splintered Boko Haram Becomes an Even Greater Threat to ChristiansThe plight of the 218 kidnapped Chibok schoolgirls remains uncertain after a recent split in the world’s deadliest terrorist group.
- Aug 19,
Southern Africans Set to Test Anglican Ban on Same-Sex UnionsThe province is scheduled to vote on gay clergy and blessing civil unions.
- Aug 18,
Same-Sex Couples More Likely to Ask Presbyterian Pastors to Marry ThemMore pastors are open to LGBT people serving in their churches than being married there, LifeWay finds.
- Moms, Go on with Your ‘Bad’ SelfIn a culture that expects perfection, sometimes failed moms are just doing their best.
- Am I Called To Be A Church Planter?Regardless of if we are called specifically to be church planters, all of us are called to be ABOUT church planting.(The Exchange)
- The First in My Family to Graduate CollegeNone of my family graduated from high school. My father was a Cuban musician and my mother was a singer.
- From Jesus to Mary and Back Again: The History of the AnnunciationThe surprising reason it falls during Lent, and why it has been important for fighting heresy and abortion.
- Why Jesus, Not Salvation, Is God’s Greatest Gift to UsWe’re too quick to see the What instead of the Who.
- Even in a Multiethnic Church, Race Can Be a MinefieldWhy pastor Bryan Loritts says it's one worth navigating.
- The HollarsWhat can you do with your regrets?
- A Portrait of America’s First AtheistsWhat life was like for unbelievers long before Christopher Hitchens and company arrived on the scene.