I thought a winsome faith would win Christians a place at Vanderbilt’s table. I was wrong.
August 26Can You See Too Much Jesus in the Bible?
August 25How Theologians Have Failed Asian Christians—and How They Can Do Better
August 22How Gaza’s Christians View the Hamas-Israeli Conflict
August 21We Need More Than Liturgy
August 20The Spiritual Blessings of Seeking Solitude
August 19I Was Saved at Open Communion
GleaningsImportant Developments in the Church and the World
- Aug 24,
Mark Driscoll Steps Down While Mars Hill Investigates Charges(UPDATED) Driscoll offers 8-step solution to followers: 'Current climate is not healthy for me or for this church.'
- Aug 21,
Behind Ferguson: How Black and White Christians Think Differently About RaceFindings from significant study of religion and race in America inform debate over reactions to Michael Brown's death.
- Aug 19,
Eli Lilly’s Church Claims JP Morgan Chase Mismanaged MillionsPastor-supporting philanthropist’s 'religious home' alleges it lost $13 million from bank’s big fees and bad investments.
- Aug 19,
Ebola Keeps Mercy Ships, African Evangelical Leaders Away from West Africa'This type of contagious situation is unprecedented' in past two decades, says medical ministry.
- Code-Switching for the KingdomSometimes the gospel sounds like, “Nobody can do me like Jesus.”
- Morning Roundup 8/27/14Character First; Multi-Ethnic Churches and Injustice; U.S. and Babylon
- White Christians: It's Time to Stand in Solidarity With Your Black Brothers and SistersThe history that led us to Ferguson. A guest post by Christena Cleveland
- Life Together, AgainAfter Hobby Lobby, vibrant corporate life is needed more than ever.
- What the New Majority-Minority Public Schools Mean for ChristiansThe issue isn’t 'leave or stay' but 'how to serve.'
- Table Manners: Why We Take Communion Every WeekIt's a meal that often divides us. It needn't be that way.
- Life After BethDon't ask too many questions of this zombie movie.
- Beyond the Echo Chamber on Gender RolesOur notion of male and female begins with a robust understanding of creation.