GleaningsImportant Developments in the Church and the World
- May 22,
Josh Duggar of '19 Kids and Counting' Apologizes, Resigns after Reports of Molesting 5 Young GirlsPolice investigated sexual assaults in 2006, but no charges were brought against Duggar. TLC pulls program from its lineup.
- May 19,
Died: John ‘Jack’ Templeton Jr., Billionaire Philanthropist Who Backed Science-Religion ResearchLeader died two days before $1.7 million Templeton Prize was awarded to Jean Vanier, founder of L’Arche communities.
- May 18,
Theology Feud Pits Half of Town's Protestant Churches Against AnotherCoordinated sermon series against ‘progressive Christianity’ seeks to ‘demonstrate the unity of the body of Christ.’
- May 15,
Sister Momeka: Liberate Christian Lands from ISIS(UPDATED) After State Department approves visit, nun tells US congressmen that Iraqi Christians wish to return home.
- B. B. King, My Soundtrack for SufferingWhat the late King of the Blues reminded me about the King of Kings.
- Church Signs of the Week: May 22, 2015Holy Spirit; First Baptist Church; Parking Spots(The Exchange)
- Trabajo aburrido: Bueno para el almaNo importa lo monótono, desapercibido, u ordinario que sea, nuestro trabajo puede transformarnos poderosamente haciéndonos semejantes a Cristo.
- No Iota in Vain: Martin Luther’s ‘Great and Worthy Undertaking’The reformer translated the New Testament in two weeks—and with strong convictions.(BehemothMag.com)
- The God Who Cannot Suffer SufferedHow the paradox comforts us in our own pain.
- Why You Can't Read Scripture AloneStudying the Bible in light of the Great Tradition.
- Mad Max: Fury RoadFinding a forgotten Eden in the midst of post-apocalyptic anarchy.
- The Christians Who Annoy Us Are the Christians We Need MostWhy learning from those outside your tribe is essential to the church’s witness.